Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 28th, 2011 01:00

XP install fails on E6X20 with sccm

i'm using SCCM 2007 r3 to deploy an XP sp3 install on an E6x20. I use the driver package for xp and the raid drivers R291722. In the BIOS the sata settings are "raid on"
The windows setup copies files, but he cannot copy a bunch of files (c:\windows\setupact.log / setuperr.log). The install looks finished, but the sccm log sticks at "The task sequence execution engine performed a system reboot initiated by the action (Setup windows and ConfigMgr)".
I don't know if this is enough, i will send more info if required...

thanks in advance

1.1K Posts

June 29th, 2011 15:00

"i'm using SCCM 2007 r3 to deploy an XP sp3 install on an E6x20. I use the driver package for xp and the raid drivers R291722."
Please verify that you are using the correct RAID driver and sub-driver. The following link has them listed.

http://www.delltechcenter.com/page/Operating+System+Deployment+-+XP+Mass+Storage+Driver+Reference

10 Posts

July 6th, 2011 00:00

Thanks, I'm actually already using the correct drivers. I was using the driver package for xp from the dell download section.
I made a driver package with only the RAID drivers. This way i could install Windows XP. My guess is my problem is caused by the nvidia driver.
I finished the E6520 for my colleague. I will test with the next Exx20 that comes in and post my experiences here.

2 Posts

July 29th, 2011 09:00

I guess it is the similar problem that we are also facing with E6320 and E6520 Laptops ,
Is there any changes been made either to the CAB's or on these newly shipped laptops.

1.1K Posts

July 29th, 2011 14:00

The Nvidia driver in the current driver CAB won't cause the build to fail. It just won't install the Nvidia driver.
No Events found!