Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 25th, 2010 17:00

iDRAC's and SCOM

Hello There,

I can discover DRACs in SCOM however unable to get any readings from iDracs in my environment. The DELL Management pack indicates I should be able to discover iDRAC's as well as DRAC's.

Is there anything specific i need to do to manage and monitor iDRAC's ?

Regards
Antony

4 Posts

March 26th, 2010 15:00

"Hello There,

I can discover DRACs in SCOM however unable to get any readings from iDracs in my environment. The DELL Management pack indicates I should be able to discover iDRAC's as well as DRAC's.

Is there anything specific i need to do to manage and monitor iDRAC's ?

Regards
Antony"
Antony - we're seeing the exact same problem. SCOM's not even registering them as network devices for us. I have yet to find any info about what the issue is, and the several Dell support people I've talked with are blissfully unaware of what SCOM is. They keep thinking I'm referring to OMSA, not a Microsoft product.

There's also a guy here - http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/operationsmanagergeneral/thread/bd215d9d-b7c5-47d6-b5b8-5498cd1368e8 - who's having the same problem. So it's not just you!

Have you been able to get the CMCs to give you accurate and detailed reporting within SCOM? I'm not getting any answers from here - http://www.delltechcenter.com/thread/3806262/Dell+m1000e+CMCs+and+SCOM+2007

Cheers.

743 Posts

March 28th, 2010 18:00

<<<>>>
I can only get availability data via SCOM. No performance data at all.

There seems to be a discovery problem though via SCOM in terms of iDRACs. I'm not sure wether that is related to the MP or not. I would have thought SCOM should have discovered the iDRACs independent of the DELL MP.
It would be nice if one of the DELL guys could tell us when they wrote the MP what they could discover. It's a bit suspicious that in the diagrams of the discoveries (in the MP doco), the iDRACs all have OPEN circles. i.e. not discovered.
Cheers,
John Bradshaw
No Events found!