Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 27th, 2011 15:00

iDRAC6 - USC error

Hi, we have a new PER710 with iDRAC6 express on it with the following errors:

"Alert! iDRAC6 not responding. Power required may exceed PSU wattage.

Alert! Continuing system boot accepts the risk that system may power down without warning.”

Also at the startup options in the top right corner state "System Service Disabled"

The iDRAC6 firmware level was updated from 1.30 to 1.54 flawlessly and BIOS from 1.3.6 to 2.1.15 to the latest 3.0.0 with no issue with the same messages explained above.

When we try to update iDRAC6 firmware level to 1.70  or Lifecycle Controller, we got:

"Inventory failure:

Internal error: Get Inventory from: LCL Failure”

Using R296663 and R297391 file  from windows server 2008 std.

Access to the USC is not possible due a "System Service Disabled" (the screen doesn’t show F10 option) and I do not ever have the option to hit "CTRL-E" either.

And then recovering the flash memory on mother board using The Lifecycle Controller repair package is also not possible.

We have done almost every advice step-by-step in the links below unsuccessfully.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/servers/f/177/p/19350107/19763804.aspx#19763804

http://www.delltechcenter.com/thread/4293040/iDRAC6+error

Any  other suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

2 Intern

• 

793 Posts

April 29th, 2011 17:00

I suggest first draining flea power on the system by unplugging all external connections and holding the power button in for 10 seconds.

If that lets the iDRAC initialize during POST, then hit Ctrl+E and reset it to factory defaults.

Then see if the firmware will flash.

4 Posts

May 2nd, 2011 15:00

Hi, Jeff

At Boot time the post  show only that is initialising the idrac and the process never finish and i do not ever have the "CTRL-E" option either. Normal 0 21 false false false ES-VE X-NONE X-NONE

At this moment we are contacting dell support chat and generating a  server  report with a DSET tool from dell ftp site and mail it to the support team.

Thanks.

4 Posts

May 5th, 2011 11:00

Hi

Normal 0 21 false false false ES-VE X-NONE X-NONE

After support team view the DSET report, they decide to send us a new PER710 motherboard replacement part, the server now is completely functional and my boss is happy too.

Thanks,

No Events found!