Start a Conversation

Unsolved

D

12 Posts

February 8th, 2021 04:00

problems updating server idrac 9

Hi, i have a t440 running latest idrac (4.40.00.00) and latest bios (2.9.3), when i boot the server to lifecycle controller and search for new updates i get a swc0066, i'm not using a proxy just straight chose that it should search the updates from the dell website.

i have run the "test network connection" and it shows green.

when searching for a fix i found this information: https://www.dell.com/support/kbdoc/sv-se/000177916/lifecycle-controller-platform-updates-failing-from-dell-s-online-repositories?lang=en

but it looks that's for a older version of idrac, and it should work on the latest 4.40.00.00, right?

any idea what i should try?

i have tried rebooting the idrac, but of course that didn't help.

it has worked before, and nothing has changed on the network.

11 Posts

February 22nd, 2021 01:00

Ok. Just have to live with it for now. Thanks for getting back to us with an answer.

2 Posts

March 8th, 2021 17:00

I had the same problem and even though there are Dell articles stating that ftp.dell.com has been retired in favor of downloads.dell.com, if you select the "Network Share (CIFS or NFS or HTTP or HTTPS Sever)" and then select the HTTPS option and type ftp.dell.com in the ""Share Name /Address" field, it works just fine...

1 Message

April 6th, 2021 11:00

This worked for me after updating.  I forgot this was the fix.  This process always seems to a bit of a headache...with the same problem that existed years ago.

1 Message

May 20th, 2021 19:00

Yeah, updating via the LCC has been a pain for years with one problem after another.  Why am I wasting my time with amateur hour Dell?  I should replace with HPE.  This is basic, BASIC stuff that Dell hasn't fixed in forever. What is going on over there anyway????

• 

4.1K Posts

May 20th, 2021 22:00

Hi, I am sorry to hear that you are troubled with the current system. Please let me know of your situation in detail with your service tag (though DM). Wish you a lovely weekend ahead.

No Events found!