Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 27th, 2015 08:00

remoteimage to Windows share

we had scripts setup to connect the virtual CD to an image file on a windows server, this was working fine as we had an NFS share setup with anonymous access.  Recently they changed policy and we cannot use the NFS share so I need to connect to a secured Windows share but I'm having trouble with the command, specifically I can't get the authentication working, keep getting invalid username or password on the windows server, tried using domain acct and local acct, it does not like the id in domainserver\userid format, drops the backslash, have tried /\ but only sees the forward slash.  Here is the command line:

racadm -r mydrac -u dracid -p dracpassword remoteimage -c -u somedomain\mydomainuser -p mypw -l /\/\someserver.someplace.com/\test$/\servername.ISO

also tried:

racadm -r mydrac -u dracid -p dracpassword remoteimage -c -u localserveruser -p mypw -l /\/\someserver.someplace.com/\test$/\servername.ISO

racadm -r mydrac -u dracid -p dracpassword remoteimage -c -u somedomain/\mydomainuser -p mypw -l /\/\someserver.someplace.com/\test$/\servername.ISO

Thank you,

4 Operator

• 

3K Posts

May 27th, 2015 08:00

You can try below command

racadm -r mydrac -u username -p dracpassword remoteimage -c -u "user" -p "pass" -l //shrloc/foo.iso

From the command you mentioned it looks like you are using share name instead of IP address. Is DNS IP address is configured on iDRAC and DNS can resolve share name? Can you try with CIFS share IP address instead of name?

8 Posts

May 27th, 2015 09:00

sorry, to answer the rest of your question, the DRAC sees the share fine, at least based on the message in the Drac log, it's the Windows authentication that is failing.

8 Posts

May 27th, 2015 09:00

I'm making some progress, right now I seem to be stuck on the password.  Originally my password was 14 Chars long (local acct" and had special characters, so I pulled the special chars and made it 8 chars in length, but the server still won't take the password passed from the command, quotes or no quotes.  ( I did get it to accept a domain id using the format userid@domain, but same password issue, does not want to pass the pw correctly)

Failure Information:

Failure Reason: Unknown user name or bad password.

Sub Status: 0xc000006a

indicating bad password.

8 Posts

May 27th, 2015 11:00

Figured out the issue, well at least for using the domain account.  Turns out the acct I was attempting to use only had a 1-way trust which was not allowing the connection when I switched to another acct it worked fine.  We used the user format of user@domain.com password with no quotes. I still could not get the local account to work, but needed to use a domain acct anyway.

cmd that worked:

racadm -r 123.234.111.2 -u user -p password remoteimage -c -l /\/\serverip/\share/\image.iso -u user@mydomain.com -p password

No Events found!