Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 27th, 2012 08:00

vCenter Plug-In Bare Metal Deployment

Hello,

I am trying to do a Zero-Touch Hardware Provisioning operation from the vCenter Plug-In v1.5.  I have installed the Plug-In into a vSphere 5.0 Update 1 environment with two M610 blade servers as a cluster and Compellent backend storage volumes.

I obtained the Dell customized ESXi 5.0 Update 1 ISO from Agile.  ESXi 5.0 U1 is getting successfully installed onto an SD card on a new M610 blade.  I know the hardward profile is being successfully applied, as well, because the BIOS changes are being made.  However, the server does not get added into vCenter, OMSA installed, host profile installed, etc.  Plus, the job says "failed" in the job results.

I have the latest firmware installed on the new M610 server (BIOS 6.10, iDRAC 3.30, LC 1.5). 

I have attached a screen print of the deployment job details.  Unfortunately, there is not a whole lot of detail that goes along with this in order to troubleshoot. 

I am hoping to demonstrate this for a customer next week.  Any help would be most appreciated.

Mike

April 30th, 2012 17:00

lamiam1,

We have not validated 5.0 U1 yet. It will not be officially supported until our next release. Can you try with the Dell 5.0 ISO and see if the problem persists?

No Events found!