Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 10th, 2017 13:00

what is the purpose of AMS (Administrator management Station)

HI,

I am planning to implement OME in my environnement. I have read dell-openmanage-essentials-v2.2_user's guide_en-us and they talk about the AMS (Administrator management console)

1- what is the purpose of this console ?

2- Is it a kind of proxy that you can use instead of opening all king ofs port to the ome console ?

3- can we manage our idrac only by the AMS console and disable it on the ome server (by firewall)

I am asking those question because the ome console ios going to be in a less secure network zone. The security team doesn't like when i ask to open 22-23-80-443 from a less secure to a more secure zone.

HI,

I am planning to implement OME in my environnement. I have read dell-openmanage-essentials-v2.2_user's guide_en-us and they talk about the AMS (Administrator management console)

2- Is it a kind of proxy that you can use instead of opening all king ofs port to the ome console ?

3- can we manage our idrac only by the AMS console and disable it on the ome server (by firewall)

I am asking those question because the ome console ios going to be in a less secure network zone. The security team doesn't like when i ask to open 22-23-80-443 from a less secure to a more secure zone.

thanks

HI,

I am planning to implement OME in my environnement. I have read dell-openmanage-essentials-v2.2_user's guide_en-us and they talk about the AMS (Administrator management console)

thanks

No Events found!