Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

K

1 Rookie

• 

357 Posts

February 25th, 2015 13:00

Can't update the iDrac version on my R610

Trying to get everything up to date and one of my R610s has version 1.95 iDrac when the current version is 1.98.  I tried installing the Windows executable but it crashes and says: bmcfwuw.exe has stopped working

I logged into the iDrac and went to the Firmware Update area and it says: Firmware update is in progress. Please try again later.

Anyone have any idea how I can figure out what the problem is?  Not sure if I can just run an racadm command to reset the basic settings and then try again?  Since I can access the iDrac it's not a huge issue but I'd prefer to get all my servers at the same version if I can.

Thanks!

4 Operator

• 

3K Posts

February 25th, 2015 19:00

"Firmware update is in progress" should go away after some time. If not you can rest iDRAC to resolve "Firmware update is in progress" issue.

For updating iDRAC, you can use GUI. For updating iDRAC using GUI you need to provide "firmimg.d6" file which can be extracted from the file which is available in below link

http://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER02353784M/1/iDRAC6_1.98_A00.exe

1 Message

October 7th, 2016 15:00

I have upgraded the R610 to 1.98 following the instructions but I cannot update to 2.85 (which is the latest). Any other help will be appreciated.

No Events found!