Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 31st, 2014 13:00

Command-configure (CCTK) issues

I just installed Command Configure 3.0 otherwise known as CCTK.  The setting controlwlanradio is supposed to control if the wifi radio is disabled when a wired network cord is present.  The CCTK log file says that it applies, but alas, the setting does not change.  This is on a Latitude 3340 model laptop.  

The other issue is setting the password on the BIOS.  Lets assume the laptop has no BIOS password set.  If you try to configure it with CCTK, there is a SETUPPWD field which allows you you specify the new password.  If you then export the file to exe, it asks if you want to specify a current BIOS password.  If a password is specified here and there is none set already on the laptop, the new password is not applied.  

This causes issues as I want only one configuration file and not have to worry about if the laptop already has a BIOS password set.  If there is no password set, why would it care?  Just apply the password!  

At the moment, I have a "set initial password.exe" that does nothing but apply a password.  It will fail if the password is already set, but who cares.  It then runs the real config with all the settings except for SETUPPWD.  It shouldn't be this convoluted.

November 3rd, 2014 12:00

After the A04 BIOS update, it seems that CCTK can disable this setting, but still cannot enable it.  I'm not sure if this was the case in A02 or not.  I didn't check to see if I could disable it on that version.  I would guess that using CCTK to set factory defaults would certainly do the trick if nothing else.

The other bit with the passwords is still outstanding though.

November 3rd, 2014 23:00

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the update.

Regarding the password,

• If the password has been already set, it is required to provide the current password.
  • If the password is not already set, it is required not to provide any password.

So, I feel you are doing the right thing.

• Apply SCE(exe) that applies password. It will be successful if the password is not set. It will not be successful if the password is already set.
  • Apply the real config applying exe, which will be successful.

No Events found!