Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 11th, 2014 02:00

DELL MUMC - no nodes

Hi,

I`m using a Dell UPS Rack 1920W HV an a Dell R420 virtualizytion server with MS Server 2012 with hyper-v.

I installed the Dell Multi-UPS Management Console on one PC. The node list now is only showing the UPS an the PC, the software is installed on. How do I get the hyper-v server in the node list? Automatic discover doesn`t find any hosts. Do I have to open special firewall ports on the nodes?

THX for help!

• 

8.5K Posts

February 11th, 2014 08:00

Hoeb,

You would also need to use ULNM (UPS Local Node Mgr) to do that. If you follow this link it will explain the steps for configuring, discovering and monitoring - ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_ser_stor_net/esuprt_rack_infrastructure/dell-line-interactive-tower-ups-500t_Reference%20Guide4_en-us.pdf

Let me know if this helps.

6 Posts

February 12th, 2014 01:00

Hi,

thx for your help, ths brought me one step further.

So just for my understanding:

- on the nodes, I want to shut down by the USP, in case of a powerloss, I have to install the ULNM software?!

just for my szenario:

as written, I have one USP with one R420 virtualization server (MS hyper-v) connected. In case of powerloss, the VMs on the server should shut down an finally the virtualization host.

so do I have to install the ULNM in every VM? Or just on the hyper-v host?

And where do I have to install the MUMC in this case? On an extra machine?

so many questions... ;)

6 Posts

February 25th, 2014 01:00

no more hints for me?! :emotion-9:

No Events found!