Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 4th, 2011 01:00

DELL R610 Major Issue - Windows can't create system partition

I have a brand new DELL PE R610, straight out of the box. However I am experiencing major issues with it when I'm trying to install Windows Server OS.

Boot up is fine, no errors (Also ran Diagnostics and it is fine).

Configure the RAID no issues (have tried every possible config of RAID to prove it was not that)

The system goes through the SBUU with no errors, configures the RAID, pre-installs the OS etc and reboots cleanly. I'm then prompted to insert the OS CD which it reads and I start the install. It goes through the first few steps and gets to the point where it asks me to select where I want to install Windows. At this stage it fails, with the error:

'Setup was unable to create a new system partition or locate an existing system partition. Check system logs bla bla bla.'

I have tried using diskpart to create/modify/delete partitions etc, refresh the disks but get the same error again and again.I just can't create that system partition that Windows needs !!

The interweb has lots of examples pointing to this error, a lot of them factored around disabling/removing disks etc, but I don't believe that is the problem. What I have noticed is that when I go into System Services (UEFI) on the Home Screen it gives me a warning that a system update is recommended since some components are potentially out of date. Great, sounds logical to me. However I try to go via Platform Update to do this, after configuring a network adapter, but it does not like it.

So essentially this is a 2 part question: How do I get around the WIndows Install error? And how do I run a systems update without the ability to get on the internet - I can't find any location to download an iso image that I could use or similar?

Desperate for help, and being in Africa does not help me as there is no DELL support here.
No Responses!
No Events found!