Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 30th, 2013 09:00

IDRAC and Lifecycle Controller Integration with System Center Configuration Manager 2012 SP1

We have 11g and 12g servers with idrac 6 and 7 on our network. We have recently implemented System Center 2012 SP1 Operations Manager, Virtual Machine Manager and Configuration Manager. We would like to Integrate the Lifecycle Controller and IDRAC with configuration manager. Since we have 50 physical servers at most we are interested in a solution that would speed up the process of firmware, BIOS,  and driver updates on the hardware. We can use the other System Center tools for virtual machines. It does not have to be a fully automated solution. We would like to use the readily available dell tools.

I have view a lot of information about OMSA, DCLI, Dell Server Deployment Pack, Dell Repository Manager, and Openmanage Essentials. It's a bit confusing because some refers to Config Manager 2007 or 11g servers. Other information seems to imply 12g servers do not need OMSA to gather hardware and bios information. Can someone shed some light on this? I can't seem to find an A-Z guide on this.

• 

8.4K Posts

October 30th, 2013 10:00

DarylH100,

What you would need on the 11gen and earlier generations you would need to install Open Manage Server Admin (OMSA) at the servers - http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriverDetails/Product/poweredge-t420?driverId=CWHRG&osCode=WS8R2&fileId=3267736217&languageCode=en&categoryId=SM

The 12th gen and the servers with OMSA will work in congunction with this OpeManage Essentials (OME) - http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriverDetails/Product/poweredge-r610?driverId=P1D4C&osCode=WS8R2&fileId=3238018141&languageCode=en&categoryId=SM

Let me know how it goes.

2 Posts

November 7th, 2013 08:00

Ok, so for both 11G and 12g servers I would need to install open manage essentials on config manager. What about DCLI and server deployment pack?

Is openmanage essentials a free tool from dell?

No Events found!