Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 27th, 2012 12:00

OMCI 8.1 View/Set Bios order powershell scripts

Would anyone be able to provide a sample script for viewing and setting the boot order for 8.1. I'm not having a whole lot of luck and if I had something to start wtih I'd be better off. I was able to install the 7x compatibility mode and get a read only view using the 7.x script but it looks like the tables have changed going to 8. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

1.1K Posts

October 1st, 2012 13:00

The 8.x compatible "Set Boot Order" script is available at en.community.dell.com/.../omci-sample-scripts.aspx

4 Posts

October 17th, 2012 10:00

Those scripts look to be vbscripts. They get me a little further as far as identifying the class but it looks the name and the actual order are split between two classes.

1.1K Posts

October 17th, 2012 11:00

Have you checked out the Reference Guide?  

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

Many of the BIOS settings in OMCI 8.x require a Method call instead of a direct edit to modify the settings.

4 Posts

October 17th, 2012 11:00

I've been digging and found that it's using the ChangeBootOrder method from the dcim_bootconfigsetting class. The actual order/sequence is being called from dcim_orderedcomponent class and needs to be called and changed before it can be pushed to the change boot order method. I'm starting to understand somewhat how it works, but actually doing it is another thing.

October 24th, 2012 09:00

I'd like to see more about this also.  I'm trying to do all this stuff in powershell and am having problems since the vast majority of example scripts are written in vbscript.

4 Posts

October 26th, 2012 15:00

I've finally got this working with the help of a few people, I certainly can't take credit for it but I will pass along what worked for me. To get/view the bios settings you can use something like..

gwmi -namespace root\dcim\sysman -class dcim_bootsourcesetting -computername localhost | select-object biosbootstring

This info returns the boot device names but won't be any help when actually trying to change the bios using the changebootorder method.. as it uses the partcomponent string. This can be returned by using..

gwmi -namespace root\dcim\sysman -class dcim_orderedcomponent -computername localhost | where-object {$_.assignedsequence -ne '0'} | foreach {$_.partcomponent}

Notice the assignedsequence grabbing everything not equal to 0 which are your disabled boot devices. To change the boot order was a bit tricky, you need to pass in info that's called from an array from the orderedcomponent class. I tried passing in the exact same text as the array and it would move them correctly but disable all boot devices except for the first one. You would need something like this to change it..

$currentorder = gwmi -namespace root\dcim\sysman -class dcim_orderedcomponent -computername localhost | where-object {$_.assignedsequence -ne '0'} | foreach {$_.partcomponent}

$newOrder = @($currentorder[2], $currentorder[0], $currentorder[1])

(gwmi -namespace root\dcim\sysman -class dcim_bootconfigsetting -computername localhost).changebootorder($neworder)

Hopefully this helps someone out. Huge thanks to Jason Hofferle for getting me over the hump.

No Events found!