Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P

October 2nd, 2017 14:00

R710 - PERC700 firmware upgrade procedure

HI Everyone!!! 

I have DELL PERC H700 installed in DELL R710 machine running with SUSE 11 SP2 operating system. 

System is going for panic reboot mentioning "Automatic System Recovery (ASR) action was performed Action performed was: Unknown Date and time of action" in the OMSA and at the same time "WATCHDOG TIMER EXPIRED" in IDRAC. 

omreport storage controller is also showing as controller in DEGRADED state. Not sure whether it is showing as degraded because of old firmware. 

I also see the below message recorded in OMSA :

The current firmware version 12.10.2-0004 is older than the required firmware version 12.10.4-0001 for a controller of model 0x1F17: Controller 0 (PERC H700 Integrated)

When i checked in DELL site for firmware for this PERC 700, i could see only for RED HAT LINUX but not for SUSE 11 SP2. ( even after selecting the OS category as "Novel SUSE 11  )

My query is,

1.) Can i use the package of RED HAT LINUX for SUSE OS as well. 

2.) What is the procedure for updating this firmware in the server as the instructions are not clear in the site. Should i need to perform the update in single user mode ( my concern is, even at single user mode, the disk connected to the PERC 700 will be active ) 

Can you please help me on this ?

Thanks & Regards,

Pradeep. 

• 

8.7K Posts

October 2nd, 2017 17:00

Hi,

You should be able to use the rpm file with the rpm command. However it may be easier to reboot press F10 during post and use system services to update the firmware. 

October 2nd, 2017 20:00

Hi Josh,

Thanks for your comments. My concern is, in the dell driver download site, i could see the link only for "Update Package for Red Hat Linux" but not for SUSE. Should i need to install the RED HAT LINUX package or do i have any other location from where i can download drivers for SUSE 11.

• 

8.7K Posts

October 3rd, 2017 09:00

There is not a Suse 11 specific package. 

No Events found!