Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 31st, 2014 17:00

SAS Disk Upgrade via OME Failing

Is the firmware upgrade 3JVY1_WN32_YS0A_A07 for SAS drives valid? 

The download web page is contradictory about the firmware version that it contains. First sentence states YS09. The fourth line states YS0A. Upgrades via OME and  iDRAC both fail. The lifecycle log reports that DUP specified is not compatible with the target device. Our R720 devices are on version YS09. 

• 

6.2K Posts

February 4th, 2014 17:00

Thanks for the info. I was not able to track down a lab server with a Seagate Yellowjacket to test with today. I will look again tomorrow.

In the meantime, if you want to try another update method you can use the Nautilus utility to boot to a USB drive and run the update:

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriverDetails/Product/poweredge-r720?driverId=R6R60&osCode=WS8R2&fileId=3328294644&languageCode=en&categoryId=AS

Thanks

• 

6.2K Posts

February 5th, 2014 16:00

I was able to update the firmware to YS0A, so the description is incorrect. The rest of the file appears to work fine.

Regarding OME HDD firmware updates, to my knowledge you are still unable to update HDD firmware via OME. When you perform updates through OME it uses the lifecycle controller to push the updates. The LCE does not support HDD firmware updates. This would be the cause of the compatibility error.

The HDD firmware updates need to be run from the nautilus bootable utility, SUU, or one of the Linux or Windows installer packages.

Thanks

• 

6.2K Posts

February 1st, 2014 14:00

Hello Darren

I looked at the payload on that and it has YS0A firmware. Could you view your hard disk drives and get the PPID from one of them. It will show up when you view the disk details in our management applications. It is a 25 digit alphanumeric that starts with 2 characters. It is not sensitive information. It is a combination of manufactured country, part number, and date of manufacture.

Thanks

4 Posts

February 4th, 2014 11:00

Here are the part details -

Part Number CN061XPF726222C204ABA02
Manufacturer SEAGATE
Product ID ST9146853SS
Revision YS09

4 Posts

February 7th, 2014 17:00

The Nautilus utility worked thanks!

If LCE doesn't support HDD firmware updates, it would be helpful if OME blocked the option to update.

DK

No Events found!