Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 1st, 2014 23:00

$17 ZPS Miracast works on Venue 8 Pro !

I took a chance and ordered the ZPS Miracast dongle (search Amazon for ZPS (TM) Miracast).

The order took a full month to get from China to the USA.  The instructions are not really applicable.

I had to switch the device from DLNA to Miracast. and connected it to my WiFi as instructed.

I then went to Windows 8 on the tablet, slid the charms on the right margin to the left and selected Device.

From Device, I selected Project.

Then "Add a wireless display"

It works on "Duplicate" as well as "Extended"

1 Message

January 14th, 2015 06:00

I took your advice and purchased this adapter.  I can tell you from my experience that this particular device did NOT work on my Dell V8P.  I also own a Microsoft Wireless adapter and this does work, but haven't figured out how to make the Duplicate function work.

BTW, I tested this the Chinese dongle with 4 different windows 8 devices and non of them would work properly.  Could be I received a faulty dongle.

915 Posts

January 14th, 2015 09:00

For clone/duplicate mode, make sure that you have the Intel Platform Driver Installer Dec. 2013 update installed on your tablet (available at the Dell downloads webpage for the tablet, under the Drivers for OS Deployment section), which fixed the Miracast clone issue.  (Hopefully, this will save you the many hours of frustration that I had on this issue, until I found the update!)

The direct link:

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=3VR67&

No Events found!