Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 3rd, 2010 07:00

2.1 Just arrived in UK!!!

It arrived over the air just after 2.00pm UK time for O2 Streaks.  Lets see what it is like once it completes the download??

16 Posts

September 3rd, 2010 09:00

Just sat through best part of a 90Mb update for a non-O2 Streak (so bought direct from Dell UK, on Vodafone) - restarted but still 1.6.....no idea what that was all about but talk about feeling disappointed! :emotion-39:

2 Posts

September 3rd, 2010 09:00

Oh dear.....having a major freak out here!!!! just done the update on my o2 Dell streak, it has rebooted and taken everything off my phone, there is not an app, a picture or a contact left!!!!!!!!!!!  now I don't think I did anything wrong just followed the prompts. There is a lovely new home screen, all very nice, and nothing else....beware folks.

18 Posts

September 3rd, 2010 10:00

Leave it alone for a while and it should come back to life. I then switched mine off and all was OK.

16 Posts

September 3rd, 2010 10:00

Apps can be downloaded again for free though...is that right (stil showing the Market)?  A pain, but better than nothing....losing pictures and contacts is not good at all...

...was tempted to reply with "Hang on....I've got someone elses contacts and pictures now!"....but that'd be cruel :emotion-14: 

2 Posts

September 3rd, 2010 13:00

Thanks, photos have come back...phew...nothing else as yet...nice new interface though :)

9 Posts

September 3rd, 2010 14:00

All good but market not working......aaarrrrgggghhhh. Can't download apps :-(

18 Posts

Now working perfectly as all apps were backed up to SD card before upgrade. Remember that all is removed and you have to start as if you have a brand new Streak e.g. Connect with your router code to WiFi as even although you see the WiFi sinal at the top of the screen you are not connected after the update as all has been reset. It can fool you as you think somethig is wrong. Then go thro the onerous task of reinstalling all your apps either from the SD card or from the Market.

It all works sucessfully if you are patient and careful.

2 Posts

I downloaded and installed 2.1 this afternoon as it arrived. While a few of my contacts restored right away, it looks like most of the contact info I've added since getting the phone hasn't been restored. Will it reappear?

20 Posts

September 3rd, 2010 15:00

Well,bought my Streak last week direct from Dell,got a Sim contract with Tesco mobile (O2 network),had my previous number moved to new phone this afternoon. All ok.

So on getting home tonight my Streak connected to my wi-fi and I got the surprise notice of a download- Authorized download-and now I have lost network??????

If I go into settings and status it now says network unknown

Also it still shows firmware version as 1.6

What has gone wrong.:emotion-18:

24 Posts

September 3rd, 2010 15:00

My Direct from Dell Streak also had the same update message went through the rotine and it left with me with exactly the same operating firmware as it had before it started - 1.6 !!! How useless was that?  I think if you turn off your Streak and re-boot the WiFi will work again. Lets see how long it takes Dell to issue another working update. Whist they are at it 2.2 Froyo would be a better idea....

9 Posts

September 3rd, 2010 16:00

Ahhhh, clocked it.

Turn wireless off...market works fine...go figure...

BTW, Angry Birds on a 5" screen...top!!

20 Posts

Everything works on the phone as before,just no network connection. So from what I can gather this is a O2 upgrade and that would account for me not now having a network connection,so whos problem is this O2 or Dells.  Surely O2 should not be able to send out updates if it is going to bugger up the connection-if/because you're not with O2 that is.

24 Posts

You could be right although I would be surprised if Dell allowed non-O2 Streaks to have access to the update. Or maybe I shouldn't be surprised. If it was the O2 upgrade then it wouldn't work as there is quite a lengthly procedure to apply before you try and instal the O2 2.1 update.  That my well explain why it seem to do the biz but if you were watching teh screen it came up with a May date of this year !!  That's pobably why it did nothing at all.  My WiFi works all fine though - have you tried turning it off and the whole unit  a few times?

Dell, feel free to drop in any time??  Michael, anyone??

20 Posts

Yes. Turned on/off.Also removed sd card and sim card etc etc.  Can't wait for the O2 and Dell support phone lines to open tomorrow morning,I am definately not happy about this.This is something very wrong between Dell and O2 to let this happen,dare I say corrupt.

No Events found!