Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 7th, 2010 16:00

2.1 - streak update that was unnecessary?

Hi Dell,

Assuming that you are watching these entries, here's my two penneth worth...

Updated to 2.1 as soon as O2 announced it, as the phone is purely for testing purposes I didn't do any backups. It performed the update with no problem, downloaded etc etc, rebooted and noticed that there were a number of changes, some of which I don't think are intended...

I have several photos and videos on there, still there now.

I had sync'd with my desktop prior to update and had a full contact/calendar copy from Outlook, post update no contacts or calendar items at all, all gone.

Tried to connect to Market Place and it asks for my gmail account details, when entered it then sits there for a few minutes before giving up claiming that there's no network connected, even though there's a wireless signal being received as well as roaming data via O2 also available when wireless switched off.

Previous applications downloaded via Market Place are no longer on the streak - as I cannot get onto Market Place to get these apps again (see above) I now have a basic streak, all screen icons, desktop images etc have all been reset.

As this isn't 2.2 we still have no flash - I seem to remember being told by O2 that the next update would be late summer 2010 and would be 2.2 and include flash (this is something I was looking forward to as I also have an iphone and Job's won't let us have flash on there either).

Whilst I understand that this isn't necessarily a Dell problem I would like to know if Dell are going to be supporting this rather than O2 who can't get billing right so there's little hope of getting something really complicated like a software update right, will Dell be releasing any kind of patch to address these fairly crucial problems or do we have to put it in a draw until 2.2 is available?

Is the 2.1 update necessary as it doesn't seem to have upgraded anything other than making a lot of things that did work, now don't.

As a Dell customer of many years I hope that they will rise to the challenge rather than hiding behind excuses or blaming Google/O2.

Cheers

No Responses!
No Events found!