Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 9th, 2010 07:00

ATTN: UK O2 Streak Customers - Post 2.1 Update Syncing Issues

Please go here http://cot.ag/bZQE5D to download the latest PC Suite if you have upgraded Android to 2.1.

Long address:

Please respond to this post if you still have issues with syncing your Streak after you install this new PC Suite software. It is very helpful if you include specific details in your response. I will be addressing other post-Android 2.1-update-issues in a separate blog post after reviewing some additional customer posts on this forum.

Thank you in advance for your patience and feedback!

Amy

September 22nd, 2010 08:00

I'm exactly the same boat as John here - nightmare not having your contacts on the phone.

I re-read this bit from Amy above and suspect this where we have gone wrong (we haven't gone wrong at all Dell has) but  only in a very SPECIFIC way.

"In preparation for the Android 2.1 update, make sure you back up all your data. Anything not stored on the SD card will be erased. Check the Android Marketplace for applications that can back up user content (like contacts, SMS, etc.) Applications can be re-downloaded from the Downloads tab in the Android Marketplace. "

We've assumed we should use the Dell provided PC Suite (as we always could rely on with Nokia software) but ACUALLY we should have used a third party app.

Cast adrift?

Umm, totally.  The whole situation is a joke.

What phone am I using for work? My trusty old N95.

September 22nd, 2010 09:00

It wouldn't be so bad if they actually planned to resolve the problem, but as Amy has officially admitted, Dell have no intention of releasing any updates or fixes.

All we can do is hope that Android 2.2 is in fact released in December as stated and they do not mess up that release and cause us lots more problems.

Thankfully the PC Suite update has worked fine for me.

I have also noticed that the hands free mode is also rubbish since the update, I cannot use the speaker at all now as no-one can hear me.

4 Posts

I had the same problem with market place not working after 2.1 upgrade. Fix was to run Settings, Privacy, Factory data reset.

Cheers,
Ola

70 Posts

just ran the 2.2 update on my HTC Desire, not only did it do it faultlessly but backed up my settings and everything else and reestablished them when complete. 

So there we have it a small outfit like HTC can get it right while a multibillion Dollar company like Dell can make a complete pigs ear of the whole upgrade.

Sorry Dell, but in light of the appalling customer service total lack of responsibility I will not be moving any of my companies IT infrastructure Dell's way.

370 Posts

September 22nd, 2010 12:00

Hi John,

I'm not sure why O2 did not communicate this. I agree this wasn't the cleanest transition.

Regarding your contacts, I recently had my Streak updated to 2.1 and I'm still in the process of testing. Prior to the update, I didn't back up my data. Post update, my Contacts and Downloaded Apps were missing, but my music and photos were still on the phone. After the update, I setup the phone with the same Google account (this came up when I first tried to use the Market app). I then opened up my Contacts application, clicked on the Menu button (middle button on the right or bottom) and chose the Accounts option. Then I tapped on my google (gmail.com) account and manually synced my contacts. All of my old phone contacts have re-appeared.

Can you give that a try and let me know if it helps?

Thanks,

Amy

370 Posts

September 22nd, 2010 13:00

Hi Chris,

A couple of suggestions here. Can you connect your Streak via the USB cable, go into the Device Manager (on both pc's when you get a chance) and check to see if the driver info matches what I have below?

Also, open up the Dell PC Suite and try connecting the Streak using different USB connections on each pc to see if any of them allow the Sync software to see your Streak. I'm sure you already know this, but look for the "Disconnected" message at the bottom right of the Dell PC Suite window to change (or not). Give it about 10-15 seconds to connect on each USB port.

Thanks,

Amy

October 6th, 2010 01:00

"When will the upgrade come to the USA?"

Hi,

I Think  only the dell company know about that issue on when  is the upgraded  version will come to the USA...

Just wait for there announcement .

October 14th, 2010 02:00

Hello Amy, have tried everything..not sure the time I have wasted on this has been anything other than a deadening experience. If I could phone up the people I've lost numbers for it'd be fine.

11 Posts

October 14th, 2010 07:00

Hi Amy and dpw50,

I've exactly the same problem with Dell PC Suite not finding the Outlook profile. Strange though this appears on one pc with Win / 64 but it works fine on another wit Win 7 32. Both running Outlook 2010. I found out that the .pst file is in different folders. Put this file in the same folder as on the 32 pc but that didn't help. I wonder whether it has to do with Win 7 64 and Outlook 2010 64.

What d you thnk?

9 Posts

October 14th, 2010 10:00

Normal 0 false false false EN-GB X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

@DELL-Amy B

I have run both a Backup and Sync.

I don’t use Outlook so I selected Sync with Windows Contacts. Nothing seems to have been transferred either way. Information in Windows Contacts is not in Streak Contacts and vice versa.

As for Backup, the backup file looks empty to me, 1kb can’t hold very much. I don’t intend to select Restore as I could end up with a data deleted Streak.

I appreciate your attention in this.

2 Posts

October 15th, 2010 13:00

OK a new slant and a new problem
I have a PC with vista Home premium [fully updated]
Streak running 2.1
PC suite 0.0.48
Once the new PC Suite was released to support 2.1 my PC and Streak chatted to each other perfectly

Until a week ago...

I have no adbsolute knowledge about why but now my PC recognises the streak [I can read the flash disk] and the USB connection info is displayed on the streak
BUT
PC Suite does NOT connect - instead I get an error message to the effect that

ADEProxy.exe has crashed and burnt!

Amy - this one is for you!!

24 Posts

November 13th, 2010 14:00

Amy, the link at the top of the forum is broken - please could you supply new link?

70 Posts

November 13th, 2010 15:00

Simple. Go to product Support. Select Tablet-Streak and it will take you to a download link for the 2.1 sync software.

Just don't expect miracles of it working correctly with your streak. It's as problematic as the 2.1 update.

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&ServiceTag=&SystemID=TBLT_STRK&os=ANDGL&osl=en&catid=&impid=

3 Posts

November 14th, 2010 23:00

These links are not working for me. I am getting an error message each time I used it.

Need the updated PC Suite file because my Streak will not link or synchronise with my computer.

Please help.

regards

Miles Carone (new Dell Streak User)

< ADMIN NOTE : Email id removed per privacy policy >

No Events found!