cruisingdan
1 Copper

Re: Anything Official (or even not) on a U.S. Streak Release Date?

Just heard from sales agent:  it will come out later this month or early next month.  Pricing 400 or 500.

0 Kudos
g333nj
1 Nickel

LOL, wow you guys are still waiting for this release in the US ? I got so fed up waiting , I just moved on... Dell really dropped the ball on this one.

Well good luck people

Proud Owner of Samsung Vibrant ( Galaxy S )

0 Kudos
ericmcneill
1 Copper

Sales agents know nothing i talked to one monday and he said 100% positive it will come out this week unlocked $429.99 so i have talked to more then 8 dozen reps since october 2009 and each time get a different story so to talk what they say with a grain of salt

0 Kudos
cruisingdan
1 Copper

Do you think it is to late in the week for it to come out this week?

0 Kudos
ericmcneill
1 Copper

After all this 2.1 getting released on the O2 next month in the uk i think that we wont get it til septemeber witch sucks for me as a college student waiting to purchase this to type my notes i have already gotten a bluetooth keyboard so im really upset but hope they push this thing this week witch is HIGHLY UNLIKLEY!!!!!

0 Kudos
EdTheOx
1 Copper

Dell, you've officially been beaten to market and priced out by, TARGET!  Seriously guys, your window is almost shut, and $299 isn't going to cut it anymore.  Beat the IPhone price for AT&T phones, give it froyo, and release it in the next week, or you're done.  And at this point, half this threads subscribers have already upgraded to something else, so you're in your last possible second right now.

Launch or get off the platform.  Your rocket is just getting in the way now.

http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2010/08/06/attention-kmart-shoppers-149-android-tablet-on-aisle-5/?source=yahoo_quote

0 Kudos

I filled out a review of the streak approximately on the first of August. I gave it one star and said I was not happy because I am yet to recieve my streak. I put my location as Illinois.

Can you believe that someone at dell sent me an email wondering how they could help me with my order. They wanted to know my order number, customer number, and device service id.  Apperently they are either unaware where Illinois is located or they don't relieze the streak still hasn't been released here or they are just stupid.  I will let you all decide the answer to that one.

Way to drop the ball dell!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Quanwei
1 Copper

Unbelievable, the dell company did this thing. At first said it will be released in the late of July and let us to pre-sign. Now, it is near the mid of August. The "Coming Soon" has existed so long time. I do not know how to understanding the "Coming Soon". Is it one week, one month or one million years? If you are not ready, please do not say it is coming soon. What do you want to do? Do you understand what is the meaning of "Coming Soon".  There are so many customers complained about that. But no any reply form the company. You think you are the only company to do the MID to do the smart phone or to do the Andriod phone?

In fact, there are many companies do those device. And you are not the best one. Considering you attitude, the response to customer and the great mistake of the streak release, we really suspect your capability for the future firmware upgrade.

I am so angry to write so many words. I feel i am be cheated.  I decided to buy one Sumsung i9000. It is much better than streak\ except the screen size.

I know you maybe want to upgrade the streak released in the us to andriod 2.1. But please do not say it will coming soon, when you are not ready. You are a big company, please treasure your reputation if you think you have the good reputation.

Dell the great company ,a really great company.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
g333nj
1 Nickel

All of you should ban together and Boycott the Streak............ Dell Blows

Proud owner of the Samsung Galaxy S ( Vibrant )

0 Kudos
DELL-Amy B
2 Iron

New updates for US customers: Official pricing, carrier, order details and more here on @Direct2dDell: http://dell.to/cl2Q99

Thanks,

Amy

0 Kudos