Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 9th, 2010 06:00

Browser crashes frequently - on approx. half the websties I visit.

About 50 percent of the websites I visit cause the browser on my Dell Streak to either slow down to a crawl or to free the handset completely (to the point where even the menu and on/off button become non-responsive). The browser spends more time apologizing to me for freezing (and giving me the option to "force quit" or "wait") than it does serving up web content I request. Even when I'm presented with the "Force Quit / Wait" options, it usually doesn't respond to my selection.

I bought this device for the big screen as I wanted to experience the Internet in all its glory. Instead, it seems that I have purchased a prototype device that's very apologetic for not being a capable of serving up a large number of web pages.

Will Android 2.1 (which is expected in September) include an updated web browser?

29 Posts

August 9th, 2010 10:00

I haven't experience any crashes of my browser.

Have you tried other browsers?Like Dolphin etc

August 11th, 2010 14:00

Hi Grizlore - thank you so much for your suggestion, it has solved my problem and vastly improved my first experience with Android (coming from a long line of Apple products). Not only did I install and pay for Dolphin, I also paid for and installed xScope. Before doing so, however, I did a "restore to factory defaults". It may have been a rogue app running on my unit that was crippling my Streak, I don't know...

I'm still really disappointed about Dell's decision to release the Streak with Android 1.6 here in the UK and am itching to see 2.1 (or better still, 2.2) on the Streak. Anyway, the primary reason I purchased this thing for was to browse the Internet, and now it does the job :emotion-1:.

Thanks again for your suggestion.

29 Posts

August 11th, 2010 17:00

glad i could have been of assistance

unity is strength

2.1 isn't far away.... hopefully 2.2 won't be long after

keep streaking

12 Posts

November 29th, 2010 14:00

Thanks for your effort! I understand this part, This is what I'm looking for.
No Events found!