Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 19th, 2011 19:00

Called support on Streak 7 questions...

I called Dell Customer and Technical Support today with some questions regarding my new Streak 7 (arrived 3 days ago).  Yes it has Android 2.2 and certainly not Honeycomb. My main questions were as follows:

1. Why does my tablet have a Total Available space of 11.6GB? And doens't show anything close to 16GB.

2. Do you know when Honeycomb will come to Streak 7?

3. I can not find a folder where any documents are saved, why? ( I don't have an SD Card in it)

First of all let me say that Dell's "Mobility" support is pitifull. And while first I spoke to Laptops/Netbook support mistakenly, they were also pathetic. They are literally reading something off their monitors and have NO NO NO idea over anything they are being asked. I kid you not! The representative literally asked me "what operating system does your tablet have?" After we established it was a Streak 7 and it was android based, he then again literraly asked me, "why doesn't your tablet have Android 3.0 sir? " I followed with a response of, "uhhhh yeah why don't you tell me?" He put me on hold over 5 times and for more than 3 min each time. He DID say that Honeycomb was coming within the month and that I should allow the tablet to upgrade itself over its update function within the tablet. I owned a Samsung Galaxy phone (first generation) quite a while back and I really feel that this Streak 7 is that phone in just an oversize version.

Answers to the above questions:

1. The rest of the space is used for the operating system.

2. Within a month.

3. Download a pdf reader and then you will be able to see the documents in a list.

I have to say that I do appreciate the Streak 7. I don't mind the screen resolution and do enjoy the video on it. I do have a problem with the angle views, and i feel the screen is not as responsive as i have tried others. I love the size of it and being able to carry it in my jeans back pocket. I seriously do think the Android 2.2 should be updated since yesterday, but everyone knows that. I also feel the $300 dollar plus tax is very nice. However the Playbook is at 386 dollars on Amazon. Im not into 10'' tablets so I won't mention anything else even though they compete against each other.

I will ABSOLUTELY return it tomorrow I do not want to ever deal with Dell's technical support again. One thing is to put up with customer service, but to depend on that same kind of awful service for the sake of your device working. NO. I will take my risks elsewhere and pay a little more if necessary.

Ivan

4 Posts

September 21st, 2011 16:00

Ivan I don't blame you, I wish I could do the same and return mine. When I called customer service regarding the upgrade to Honeycomb, they did not have a clue and after putting me on hold many times, to tell me that the OTA upgrade was up to my ISP "Cox", I was floored............ If you have the time browse thru the forum and you'll see how useless Dell customer service is , so many questions unanwsered.

Dell shame on you............

6 Posts

September 22nd, 2011 16:00

The Sytem Updates option on my Streak 7 (Settings > About > System Updates) has today opened up a webpage stating that no update is currently available.

Previously, following this option came up with a page not available notification.

Could this be preparation for pushing the OTA Honeycomb update???

Lets hope so!!

2 Posts

September 23rd, 2011 10:00

Yes, there is another thread on the forum with a link to a page on Dell.  When you type in Honeycomb it says that it will be done BY October 2011.

1 Message

September 26th, 2011 08:00

It seems that Dell has entirely given up on their customer base.  My thoughts are that Michael Dell has more than enough money tucked away, and doesn't seem to mind running the company into the ground.  I have spent countless thousands of dollars and Dell products over the years and have watched their steady decline into the abyss.  There is no good reason why this update is not already on the Dell Streak 7, regardless of what excuses they give.  IF this update is not complete by the second week of October, I have decided that Dell will lose my decade plus of loyalty, and give my hard earned money to a company that cares a little more abou their customers.  Sadly, I don't think they could case less............

2 Posts

September 26th, 2011 10:00

Requested return label for my Streak 7, has not arrived in my email. I feel protected cuase i have a reference number for the request to return the product. I really liked the fact that it was 7 inches. But I really didn't think the android version would be such a buzz killer. I will probably just get an Ipad 2 today and end all this nonsense. My brother has an incredible amount use for his, and i predict it will help me just as much even though he is a R.N. and Im an engineer.

bye bye dell.

No Events found!