Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 3rd, 2011 11:00

Can not find my cell phone hot spot on my streak 7

Hello, I have a Streak 7 without any mobile capabilities and I am trying to have it connect to the internet through my cell phone (nokia e73 through T-Mobile - the hot spot is called Joiku Soft) like I can do with my lap top P.C.'s, for some reason though whenever I view the available wireless networks it doesn't show up; is there a specific reason why my tablet wouldn't find that network/hot spot?

172 Posts

November 3rd, 2011 14:00

Is the hot spot name, its SSID, made visible? And is the hot spot from your Nokia, a WIFI hot spot? If your Nokia is setting up a WIFI AdHoc network, then Android will not see it, Android does not support AdHoc networking.

3 Posts

November 4th, 2011 07:00

I can find the hotspot in my available networks on both of my lap tops so I am guessing the answer is yes to both of your questions, if it is available to my lap top shouldnt it show up on my streak tablet?

172 Posts

November 4th, 2011 08:00

Your laptop support AdHoc networking, so yes it will show up. The DS7 does not support AdHoc networking so it will not see it. Are you able to connect to other WIFI hot spot?

3 Posts

November 4th, 2011 11:00

no, i need to be able to this when I am traveling around and on the road, are there any cell phone hot spot applications that are not AdHoc? I am going to be getting a new phone soon so if there are any for android or windows phones it would be nice to know...

thanks for all your help thus far otnos

172 Posts

November 4th, 2011 23:00

I am able to connect to free WIFI hot spot at: McDonalds, Chic-fil-a, Barns & Nobles, etc.. Phones that allows wifi hot spot I'm not too familiar with. It depends on the carriers also. My wife has a LG optimus on virgin mobile with unlimited data. This phone is able to do WIFI hot spot with a free app called quick setting. When I can't find a free hot spot, I would turn on the WIFI hot spot on her phone. :)

No Events found!