Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 8th, 2012 12:00

Can't upgrade to Honeycomb on Streak 7

I have a streak 7 running android 2.2.2.  It is a wfi device with no contracts with any carriers.  I have downloaded the upgrade 3 times from the link below, but have not been successful with the upgrade.  Each time it starts the upgrade but stops stating the there is a problem with a corrupted or missing file.  Fortunately it rolls back to my 2.2.2 but, I want to run Honeycomb. Any assistance or link to a non corrupted upgrade file would be appreciated.

1 Message

March 23rd, 2012 05:00

Actually I downloaded this link because the manual update link I had was to a Duetch update page which said no updates.  Also I waited 24 hrs for the OTA update, but it never came.  The first time I downloaded I made sure to keep it active so as to keep sleeping errors from occuring.  But then powered off to charge faster and lost my download.  It would  not update without being fully charged.   Dowloaded again, and ran the download.  Ok it rebooted and took roughly ten minutes.  But the navigation in honeycomb from froyo was difficult.  There either was a syncing problem with gmail login or it needed a hard reset.  Because android market kept force closing.  Error invald.  It also listed two different markets.  So I decided to go back to Froyo without market in Honeycomb 3.2.  Before hard reseting I deleted market from running applications and all data.  But still crashed in other market.  I did a hard reset from settings. Ok rebooted but I could see it wasn't froyo.  It was Honeycomb.  But did the login gmail account, went slow read everything.  And Wow what a difference.  It was all so smooth and Yep market worked.  Try a hard reset.  Only login with gmail account for setup, and don't sign into GMail from icon.  It flipped out flashing flashing flashing.  Syncing error gmail in the sync folder .  I quickly got rid of gmail from the home screen.  It stabalized.  Did a reboot.  Hope this help.  I'm loving Honeycomb 3.2/Dell Streak 7.  Dell got it right, its all about speed.  Refurbished under 200.00 and bought in March 2012 USA website.  

172 Posts

March 23rd, 2012 08:00

Follow instructions and link on this post.

streakblog.blogspot.com/.../how-to-update-to-honeycomb-32.html

1 Message

July 19th, 2013 06:00

can you help me my dell streak if i want to do update with my sdcard he give me message to put sdcard inside it cannot read sdcard to update my dell
No Events found!