Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 25th, 2013 08:00

DELL Streak 7 won't turn on even after reset pin

Hello,

I too am apparently a victim of the Streak 7 not turning on.  I have plugged it in and hit the pin reset, the lights will glow, but they won't stay on.  The unit will not turn on.  I have tried everything short of taking the unit apart and nothing has worked so far.  Can someone please help?  Thank You.

172 Posts

February 25th, 2013 12:00

Has it been working for you before? What lights are glowing?

February 26th, 2013 04:00

yes, it had been working before.  the three round lights on the right side of the unit are the lights that will sometimes glow and then stop.

172 Posts

February 26th, 2013 11:00

When you press the reset button, those light should turn off, yes? After that, the unit should power back on when you hold down the power button. This happen to me once and a while. Try to keep your unit lean and light, don't install too many apps. You should do a factory reset to clear out everything and start fresh.

February 26th, 2013 12:00

when i press the pin reset, the lights do turn off.  however, they also turn off when i am not pressing anything, they just turn off.  Also, whether the lights are on or off, when i press and hold the power button on the unit, nothing happens.  the unit will not turn on.

172 Posts

February 26th, 2013 14:00

The unit’s battery is depleted. You need to charge it until the LED is green. You might want to check your charger or the connection and make sure that a solid connection is made and the unit is charging.

1 Message

February 26th, 2013 15:00

Don't feel bad, I had 2 of them do the same thing within a week!  Of course my warranty is up and now I stuck with 2 pieces of crap!!   I will never buy anymore Dell products!! Good luck with calling customer service because no one speaks English!! 

No Events found!