Start a Conversation

Unsolved

T

5 Posts

January 23rd, 2019 07:00

Dell 8" Tablet 5840

Apologies if I've posted in the wrong location; feel free to move this, if appropriate. I love this little Dell Venue 8 Pro tablet 5840, but since updating to Windows 10 I am getting the BSOD with error "Attempted switch from DCP". I think it relates to a video driver, as it always seems to happen when I'm doing something that involves either Netflix or while using a desktop accounting application, a version from 2014. When I check with intel, they say the graphics drivers are up-to-date, but they are all older (it may be that intel simply has not found a need to update them, and they are not the problem, but who knows?) Can anyone offer any help or guidance on how to figure this out? PS Just for clarification, I recognize that running the accounting program on this tiny thing is a) an exercise in futility, and b)taxing on the Atom CPU. I normally work on QB on a desktop, but would like to grab this little 8" PC as I run out the door "just in case" questions come up while I'm out. I run a small business, and if I don't answer the phone, nobody does.

5 Posts

January 23rd, 2019 08:00

I did.  I downloaded and installed the updated BIOS, the chipset drivers and "Intel Trusted Execution Engine Interface Driver".  Is there anything else I should get?

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

January 23rd, 2019 08:00

Did you update the drivers for windows 10 when you upgraded? You must do that starting with the chipset drivers. https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/dell-venue-8-pro/drivers

5 Posts

January 24th, 2019 03:00

Hey Mary, thanks for this simple, should-have-thought-of-it-myself solution!  I had downloaded the drivers, but apparently, something did not install correctly.  I reinstalled them and it went through a "repair" process.  And so far, no issues!  Thanks again.  Tom

No Events found!