Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 4th, 2013 15:00

Dell Latitude 10 ST 2 - Strange line on tablet screen

A strange line appeared yesterday on my tablet causing a light shadow on the left side of my tablet anyone knows how to fix this?

118 Posts

October 5th, 2013 02:00

Hi DG_DG,

Please run the diagnostics to check the hardware functionality. Here are the steps:

• Power on the system and immediately press the Volume Up key to begin the tests
  • The computer will begin running the ePSA utility
  • During the testing process, you will be prompted to answer a YES or NO question. To respond, press Volume Up = YES or Volume Down = NO.
  • Press the Security Button ( + + ) to click OK once the tests are completed.
  • The volume up and down buttons can also be used as the key when switching between options.

Note: Please check if you see the line while running the tests as well. 

Please try external monitor with the tablet and check if you get proper display on external monitor. Here are the steps :

• Power off the tablet.
  • Connect the external monitor with the HDMI connector port.
  • Restart the tablet and power on the external monitor;
  • This will give a dual screen on the monitor and the system at the same time.
  • Kindly check if the issue appears only on the tablet screen or on the external monitor as well.

I would also request you to share a picture of the screen where the lines are visible.

Keep me posted with the result. We will take it further.

4 Posts

October 9th, 2013 08:00

Support,
I ran the Diagnostics which did not show any issues... showed "All Tests Passed"  The line on the tablet was still visible during the diagnostics.  
External monitor does not show line, also tried duplicating the desktops still could not replicate the line from the tablet.  The line is ONLY ON THE TABLET.  
See pics below...

Thank you for your help...

On Oct 5, 2013, at 4:25 AM, "Mobile Devices Forum - Automated Email" < Dell_Community_noreply@dell.com> wrote:

Reply by Dell-Garima G

Hi DG_DG,

Please run the diagnostics to check the hardware functionality. Here are the steps:

• Power on the system and immediately press the Volume Up key to begin the tests
  • The computer will begin running the ePSA utility
  • During the testing process, you will be prompted to answer a YES or NO question. To respond, press Volume Up = YES or Volume Down = NO.
  • Press the Security Button ( + + ) to click OK once the tests are completed.
  • The volume up and down buttons can also be used as the key when switching between options.

Note: Please check if you see the line while running the tests as well. 

Please try external monitor with the tablet and check if you get proper display on external monitor. Here are the steps :

• Power off the tablet.
  • Connect the external monitor with the HDMI connector port.
  • Restart the tablet and power on the external monitor;
  • This will give a dual screen on the monitor and the system at the same time.
  • Kindly check if the issue appears only on the tablet screen or on the external monitor as well.

i would also request you to share a picture of the screen where the lines are visible.

Keep me posted with the result. We will take it further.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

118 Posts

October 10th, 2013 05:00

Hi DG_DG,

Since the external monitor does not show any lines when the screen was extended, hence, it seems to be an issue with the LCD of the tablet.

If your system is under warranty, please share the system's Service Tag and Owner's/Company's Name with me via private message (click my username and then click Start Conversation). I’ll check and see what best can be done.

Keep me posted with the result. I’ll be glad to assist.

No Events found!