Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 16th, 2013 01:00

Dell Latitude-Wireless connectivity issue

I can't connect to corporate office wireless network, initially it is trying to authenticate, but after some time getting can't connect this network error. we are using WPA2-Enterprise security type and AES Encryption type wireless security method. I can able to connect my home wireless network without any issue. I am using windows 8 enterprise 32 bit operating system. wireless device Broadcom 802.11abgn wireless SDIO Adapter. Please help me to rectify the issue.

I think if we install windows 7 32 bit driver for wireless, it will solve our issue, but I can't find driver for windows 7 32bit.

6 Posts

April 6th, 2013 06:00

After upgrade the cisco access point firmware, it's work fine

12 Posts

March 21st, 2013 21:00

Good luck with that. I have been battling Dell support for the last 2 weeks about this.  They have not been able to fix. They sent a tech to install daughter card, but screen didn"t have connector. Two times they have tried to order parts, but it gets cancelled. Also it will not connect wirerless to my phone either. I have probably over 3 hours on the phone/chat. I can connect to my phone if i put a usb wireless adapter on the tablet. Can they not admit the hardware does not have a working driver? Now instead of just sending a tablet with hspa card preinstalled, they want to spend more time diagnosing instead of replacement. It should work out of the box like the Ipad. No one at work has any problems with their Android or Ipads connecting or windows 7 wirerless.

6 Posts

March 25th, 2013 14:00

Same problem here. We have a wireless signal that is private and I can't get the latitude on it but I can get on to the public access one.  Same hardware, same network so I don't see why the latitude can't see them both.

12 Posts

March 25th, 2013 16:00

Now after talking with another tech, they admitted there is a problem with the network card and Cisco, but basically told me too bad and they can't do anything about it. They can't fix it. I call <ADMIN NOTE: Substitute character  removed as per TOU> .

6 Posts

March 27th, 2013 12:00

We were only able to fix it by changing the wireless signal, our network guys had to make a change on the cisco routers.

No Events found!