Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 26th, 2011 10:00

Dell Streak 5.2 has so-called changed its number phone after un update

I recently bought a Dell Streak 5 with version 2.2 of Android (Froyo).

I did an update to 2.2., because the device asked for it, while 2.2 was already installed. After the successfull update, I saw in the settings of my phone another number phone, while I haven't changed my provider (Mobile Vikings). I can't chnage the info of the phone number.

Anyone an idea what may be the cause of the problems or even the solution of it ?

Thanks beforehand,

graszanger (Dirk)

6 Posts

September 30th, 2011 13:00

If you can dial the number it's supposed to be and it rings I see no problem. If however you ring the number and it does not ring then you have a problem. Any phone number change will be from your network provider as the number is stored on the sim card not on the device. It could just be that the update included information from someone elses device. Check your phone number in the contacts/phone book and see what number it says you have there. My HTC Desire had my proper number under my profile in contacts but had a completely different number in the settings.

12 Posts

September 30th, 2011 14:00

The number that appears in the settings, should be the number of a phone in the Netherlands ... , so certainly not mine. I couldn't find out whose phone it is.

6 Posts

September 30th, 2011 16:00

That is very odd I wonder how it got there.

12 Posts

October 1st, 2011 01:00

It is odd, but I can't do anything about it. I looked at the site of my network provider (Mobile Vikings) and there my number is still the number of my mobile phone I have since long. So long as people don't ring me because they think the wrong number is mine, and so long as I am not charged for a number which isn't mine, I don't bother a lot, but it remains very strange.

No Events found!