Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 5th, 2011 17:00

Dell Streak 7 and Android 4.0 (ICS)

Will Dell be releasing an update for the Dell Streak 7 that will bring us to Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)?

If so, when will this update happen as that Google plans on releasing the source code this month sometime.

6 Posts

November 6th, 2011 03:00

Most of the big Android product developers are not promising ICS for their current Gingerbread devices before April 2012, so with Dell's track record for updates and Gingerbread only being released for the Streak 7 in the last month or so I wouldn't hold my breath for anything before Summer 2012....

We're never happy are we??

6 Posts

November 8th, 2011 14:00

My apologies, my mind is full of OS updates, I meant Honeycomb

8 Posts

Considering that the DS7 NEVER GOT Gingerbread, your point is moot. We got Honeycomb.

17 Posts

Actually, no, the Tmobile Streak 7 never got Honeycomb.

3 Posts

November 13th, 2011 00:00

My wifi only got Honeycomb but I can't see Ice cream sandwich coming anytime soon considering the lead time on Honeycomb.....sad.

2 Posts

December 1st, 2011 05:00

I would check on XDA in a month or so. 

3 Posts

December 1st, 2011 07:00

I don't mean to sound dumb, but I am getting my new DS7 today, and it is supposed to have Honeycomb 3.2 on it. Does this mean, that I won't be able to update to the Ice Cream version when it come available? It is coming with a free two month trial with T-Moble, but is supposed to be unlocked to use any carrier. I am sure I will have many questions after I get it.  Thanks in advanced for your help.

3 Posts

Wow, thanks, not the best news I wanted to hear. Hopefully I can work around it.

2 Posts

yes. you wont. but if you are good with computers there should be a cosutom rom out soon for it. pretty lame huh

1 Message

December 7th, 2011 08:00

One thing you have to know.  Phones will not get Honeycomb, it is designed for High Resolution Tablets only.  Google is skipping Honeycomb for phones and going straight to Ice Cream Sandwich.  Ice Cream Sandwich is then supposed to bring Tablets and Google TVs all into it's fold.  So eventually It will be one Operation System for all three devices instead of currently 2-3.

No Events found!