Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 22nd, 2012 11:00

Dell Streak 7 not Booting up

My Dell Streak 7 is not booting up. The Charging light does not glow when i plug it in. Niether the Start button nor the small pin responds. I am not able to start the device up. It stays so even after hours of charging. Is there anyone who has faced this? Could you please help? Thanks in advance.

3 Posts

February 22nd, 2012 13:00

Be thankful that you even have what you purchased. I sent my Streak 7 Tablet back twice for the exact same issue you describe. The first time I received a refurbished one back less than 48 hrs. from when I dropped it off at FedX. Two weeks later I had to call and send that one back for the same reason. That was Jan. 22nd. of 2012. I have called to find out what is going on with it 3 times and each time I have received the same answer, "We are sorry for the delay but we are back logged right now and your Streak 7 will be delivered back to you in 7-10 business days". Well, tomorrow will the dead line for the third phone call and can't wait to hear what kind of bull they are going to give me on Friday when I call again.

172 Posts

February 23rd, 2012 12:00

Visibly check your charging connectors to see if there is anything broken, or buildups that may cause the connectors to not make a secure connection. You can also try to use a different charging cable or charger to rule out the possibility of those 2 items being defective. Some T-Mobile store may still carry these and I am sure they will allow you to try it before you buy. And the last resort is to call Dell support.

2 Posts

February 23rd, 2012 13:00

Thanks Guys for the suggestions!  However, it worked finally after sometime. I think i found out the issue. It was with a Software i had installed which seemed to cause this.

Saying that, however, i have noticed some unstablity at times. It restarts by itself and sometimes won't start up until fully charged.

No Events found!