Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 23rd, 2010 04:00

Dell Streak Accelerometer calibration

My streak has a new problem since it came back from being repaired by Dell (I have also recently applied the 2.2 OTA update).

The accelerometer is no longer 'centered', when I put it on a flat surface the screen turn upside down. I have confirmed this by using a 'bubble level' application, I need to hold the Streak at quite a steep angle to center the bubbles.

Is there a way to re-set, zero or calibrate the accelerometer, it'll be very frustrating to have to send it back again but I can't live with it as it is.

Any help would be appreciated.

34 Posts

December 27th, 2010 10:00

Found the solution here, access is available to the engineering mode of (non-rooted) froyo streaks through the fastboot mode keypad, from there you can calibrate/zero the sensor.

http://www.srchild.com/blog/view/article/calibrate-sensor-on-upside-down-dell-streak-after-froyo-22-android-upgrade/

34 Posts

December 24th, 2010 04:00

bump

34 Posts

December 27th, 2010 10:00

Anyone know how to zero the accelerometer?

When held on a flat surface my streak turns the screen upside down, it has to be raised almost vertical (in landscape) to make the screen turn the right way up. The bubble level app suggests that it thinks its at about 45 degrees when held flat.

No Events found!