Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 9th, 2014 09:00

Dell Support or lack thereof. Coming from Kindle, and new Dell Venue 8 owner, what is best way to get support.

I've had my Venue 8 for just over a week and overall I like the tablet.  However, I have only seen one Dell employee make occasional pop ins here.  Most of the questions in here go unanswered.  I'm coming from a kindle and while I found their support to be great, I never liked how they locked down the device.  If Dell isn't going to support their product I'm thinking it might be time to return this.  Does any one have suggestions on best way to get support / help?  Any suggestions on a different tablet with similar specs and value (I paid $169 for 32GB model) but from a manufacturer that actively supports their customers.

9 Posts

January 9th, 2014 11:00

I feel the same. I purchased 3 of the Android Venue 8s back on thanksgiving simply because of what seemed like good specs and Dell's name behind it. But I have seen zero participation from Dell on the questions me and others have asked here. I have not bothered calling support as I don't prefer waiting on the phone and then getting canned answered from first level support who do not have intimate knowledge of the product (ex: does it support MHL, how do I add HDMI, what are the new features in 4.3 released recently).

Even when Googling, for Venue 8, tons of results come, but they are all for the Windows version, extremely few for Android version.

No Events found!