Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 3rd, 2016 13:00

Dell Venue 11 Pro - Battery Drains While Turned Off

I've read a lot of posts by people having problems with battery drain while in Standby, but the battery in my Venue drains while it is powered off!

This seems to have started around the time I added the Tablet Keyboard with it's own battery. Both batteries can be at 100% when I shut down and put it away. I may not need to use it for a week or two, and by then there is zero charge on either battery.

I tried running a Sleep Study to see if it was in standby, but it says "No connected standby traces available. Report not generated." This leads me to believe that it is indeed draining the battery while turned off - weird.

Any ideas?

March 3rd, 2016 20:00

The best way to answer this is: "Yup."  The Venue Pro 11 battery will drain if the keyboard is attached.  It doesn't matter which model you have, version of windows, drivers, etc.  It just does.

Dell should be able to fix this with firmware, but in true Dell fashion they've chosen to ignore it. 

March 6th, 2016 02:00

im having the same issues with mine, battery drains while device is shut down (no fast boot enabled either)

am trying to get a fix from Dell atm but they dont seem to care at all... about anything..

please respond here if you fix, i have spent 4 months now trying to correct this fault with no luck

3 Posts

March 9th, 2016 08:00

Okay, now I think I have found something that works.

If I use the the Windows Shutdown process, the battery no longer drains while it is turned off.

Previously, I had been long pressing the Sleep button, then sliding the screen down to shut down the tablet.

I'm not sure why either method is different, because they both say the same thing while shutting down: "Shutting Down" with the spinning dots.

I am going to continue monitoring this and will report back here if anything changes.

FYI: My tablet is running Windows 8.1 Pro and I have not updated anything (drivers or Windows) between shutdown methods.

No Events found!