Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 2nd, 2014 18:00

Dell Venue 11 Pro Travel Keyboard - touchpad isn't responding

I purchased the DVP11 with the travel keyboard, and the touchpad has stopped responding after initially working. The keyboard is fully charged, as is the DVP. All other keys on the keyboard work. Dell Support tried updating the BIOS and several driver settings, but no change. Thoughts before I send the keyboard back?

1 Message

January 27th, 2015 09:00

THIS IS IT!!!!!!!

Amazing!!! this is the painless solution thanks for share it works!!! even this works with other dell venue models

thanks to p.pavuk:

Had same irritating issue on my Venue 11 Pro 5130 (atom one). But, I've actually found a way how to fix this issue. Tried before everything, disconnecting th battery, registry fixes and etc... Anyway at some point touchpad become unresponsible. But, what I accidentally found - while touchpad is not reacting to gestures, and not moving a cursor - the click function on touchpad still working. Anyways, this not bring me closer to solution.

As always, solution is just magic - all you need to do to restore bloody thing - is to run SynaUtilitySfx.exe while tablet is connected to keyboard. The utility will fail telling that touchscreen device not found - but this will enable both touchscreen and a touchpad. Despite I am an IT professional - I can't explain what going on, but this method worked for me.

I've disconnected tablet from keyboard and put the keyboard on charge, which immediately ruined the touchpad when I've connected keyboard back to tablet. I've run  SynaUtilitySfx.exe again - all works. Did it few times to prove - it does fix the bloody thing!

You can get the SynaUtilitySfx.exe stuff from the dell website, they call it Panel Touch Firmware on Dell Venue 11 Pro 5130.

DELL - SORT THIS OUT!

1 Message

March 12th, 2015 18:00

Hello, 

I have an 7130.

This SynaUtilitySfx.exe is it only 5130  32bit or 64bit ?

I have install the Panel Touch Firmware 7130  64bit, nothing, I not found a SynaUtilitySfx.exe.

The Version Nr 1.0.5;A02              7130_Firmware_5D22V_WN_1.0.5_A02.exe

I installed this firmware, nothing,  

sh.....

March 23rd, 2015 10:00

Terry, would love to know if you all have solved the keyboard issues.  Here it is March 2015 and I still have problems with keyboard/tablet connection that your service people have not been able to solve.  I have received several keyboard replacements, sent tablet into the depot and tried a myriad of "interventions" with techs over the phone.  Nothing works!  Is there any point to continue fighting with Dell for a Tablet replacement (I suspect the connection pins are at the root of the problem)?

I'm ready to throw the thing out the window!

1 Message

March 29th, 2015 08:00

Hello,

I had the same issue and after trying everything already posted here (updating bios, firmware etc) what solved my problem was disabling the mouse driver. That's right, disabling it made it work again.
1. Go to control panel. 2. Hardware and sound. 3. Open mouse properties and under 'driver', disable it. It started working immediately after that. I hope it helps! 

6 Posts

April 6th, 2015 20:00

I found another bizarre way to get the 'dead keyboard'. Using in laptop mode I ran both the keyboard & tablet batteries down to zero. (The computer actually shut down.) The keyboard then stopped working. (Charged via the tablet.) Fortunately after a couple of weeks it started working again. But I foolishly disconnected power while using the keyboard with only a couple of minutes charge. The keyboard quickly stopped working. With power the keys would work but the trackpad would not. So another couple of weeks in the drawer and now its working again (while charging). During this time Dell lost another recommendation as I told someone on a flight who asked about my tablet because they were considering buying a pad: 'get a tablet computer, the form factor is great, just not a Dell, the build quality isn't good enough'.

14 Posts

May 24th, 2015 15:00

Can you please post a direct link to this .exe as when I install this program and try to search or run this particular name I'm unable to find this file. My touchpad battery works. My click button also works but my trackpad is simply giving me the middle finger :(

3 Posts

September 13th, 2015 14:00

I also face similar situation. Now I don't know what should be done

1 Message

November 25th, 2015 12:00

same problem with the 7140 and battery keyboard... i did the same, charged separately and now i can still type and clicks register on the touchpad but no cursor...boo to dell... obviously this is a issue that they have not addressed. makes me think i shouldve just bought a surface pro. 

1 Message

March 23rd, 2016 09:00

I'm having the same issue with my device, where do i get the SynaUtliltySfx.exe?

14 Posts

March 23rd, 2016 13:00

The Dell venue and the keyboard that come with it are both rubbish, the charger rarely works, the keyboard rarely works, the device randomly turns off. Mine has been nothing but a paperweight for two years.

The keyboard requires you to flip pull the corner off the rubber bits to undo the screw on each corner. Disconnect the battery cable (no need to remove the battery from the keyboard) and plug it back in. Bobs your uncle it suddenly starts working most of the time and you learn never to charge your keyboard individually or let the power drain from it fully again or you'll have to do this constantly.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

February 11th, 2017 12:00

For Venue Pro 11 (7130) owners with Travel Keyboard (K12A):

1) disconnect keyboard from tablet

2) open Device manager and select "Show hidden devices" in upper menu

2) in Device manager remove driver for hidden HID-device named "USB-unput device" with ID=USB\VID_06CB&PID_2819&REV_0020&MI_00

3) connect keyboard

1 Message

April 30th, 2017 02:00

Hello,

I had the same issue and after trying everything already posted here (updating bios, firmware etc) what solved my problem was installig Synaptics TouchPad Driver Windows 10 I2C Devices: drivers.synaptics.com/Synaptics_v19_0_19_1__C__x86-x64_Win10__Signed__MS_Win10_UXUIHID_I2C.zip

My Dell Venue 11 Pro (7130) running Windows 10 Creators Update

No Events found!