Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 22nd, 2015 17:00

Dell Venue 5130 Windows 10 Upgrade

Hello All,

sorry i might be a bit slow on the uptake with this all.

Essentially i have a Dell Venue 11 5130. Everything works as it should. However i would like to upgrade to Windows 10.

I reserved an upgrade with the upgrade utility in the corner months ago. On the Dell driver page it says that Windows 10 has been tested for this device and it works, however in the utility itself it says that it isnt ready and that i might have to wait a 'few days or a few weeks' 

So my question is, those who have already upgraded, did you do it through the utility or did you do it through the media creation tool?

Thanks

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

September 23rd, 2015 07:00

Hi,

Thank you for writing to us!

For the windows 10 upgrade you will get a notification that the system is ready for updates.

You can run all the updates which will come up and you should get the windows 10 update and the follow the on screen instructions and keep the charger plugged in while upgrade the same.

Thanks

Robin

28 Posts

October 27th, 2015 08:00

You can force the upgrade by using the Media Creation Tool except you don't need to create any media. Just go here, run the tool and select the appropriate option. windows.microsoft.com/.../media-creation-tool-install

No Events found!