Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 8th, 2015 11:00

Dell Venue 8 7840 Lollipop?

Hi Terry, have there been any updates in the recent weeks regarding Lollipop?

April 11th, 2015 09:00

I just tried to System Update on my 7840, and SOMETHING downloaded (took 1.5 hours on wifi!), then as I was asked to reboot, an Android came on the screen, and it looked like I was getting Lollipop.  But when I rebooted again, I was back at Kitkat, and when I check System Update, I get a message that "there are no system update packages to download".  So did I download an update and not get it applied? Is Lollipop released for the 7800 series? If so, how do I get back so it will download my update, or apply the update I already downloaded?  Anyone know?

Thanks,

Brian

5 Posts

April 22nd, 2015 08:00

Ok so as for the rumours about the 21st of April, i think we can say that was a bust too. its now the 22nd and still no Lollipop.

I'm beginning to think that perhaps the only way to get it would be to root the device in order to flash Lollipop on ourselves. Unfortunately the 7840 hasnt been played about with much by xda or cyangen modders - basically we have no options whatsoever!

Dell?? can you hear me? give us Lollipop or at least some answers!!!! This is really taking the now! 

TOTAL lack of clarity. I will never recommend a Dell to anyone again as this customer treatment is just rubbish and is an insult to an otherwise good product, and the clearly talented people who designed and engineered it.

41 Posts

April 22nd, 2015 21:00

41 Posts

April 22nd, 2015 21:00

Maybe do a kick starter...

No Events found!