Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 19th, 2015 05:00

Dell Venue 8 Android + peripheral devices

Hi there!

I`d like to know whether BT-keyboards can be connected to the gadget. Also I`m interested whether this device can identify external hard discs being connected to them via USB OTG (with the external source of energy, naturally). Maybe wired keyboards can also be connected to Dell Venue 8 via USB OTG? Please share your experience. Thanks in advance. 

April 29th, 2015 16:00

Success! I bought USB-OTG cable and connected an external HDD to the gadget via it - both with USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 interfaces and with both external and internal sources of energy. They worked with Total Commander and Paragon plugin for it downloaded for free from Google Play. I guess a peripheral keyboard will also work. Great device!

April 23rd, 2015 11:00

Noone seems to know anything on the topic?

I found out that Google application Total Commander together with some other addon makes it possible to connect external HDDs to any Android gadget via USB OTG. The key question remains - is it possible to connect a BT-keyboard to the gadget?

10 Elder

• 

43.7K Posts

May 1st, 2015 12:00

If you look on sites like Amazon  you'll find cases with build-in BT keyboard for the Venue 8 3840 (Android).

"...full protection in a stylish leather case with DETACHABLE wireless Bluetooth keyboard built inside..."

No Events found!