Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 12th, 2014 13:00

Dell Venue 8 Pro - Processor Performance or Throttle State domain Member Count Incorrect

Hi guys,

I recently started reading up about connected standby mode and ran a CMD (in admin mode) -> powercfg /energy

The report shows this error:

Platform Power Management Capabilities: Processor Performance or Throttle State Domain Member Count Incorrect:

Domain ID: 0

Expected Members Count: 1

Actual Member Count: 4

Does anyone have any insight or suggestions on how to fix this? Is this something I need to worry about? I've already updated to the latest BIOS A05 and all drivers seem to be updated.

Thanks!

157 Posts

March 12th, 2014 23:00

Hi,

Did you try running the command again? I tried on my V8P and it listed four. I'm guessing it's enumerating processor cores?

51 Posts

May 18th, 2014 13:00

Do you have any further insight? I'm suddenly having the battery drain on overnight sleep and unable to resume until the charger has had some time to bring the battery back up from exhaustion. It seems to go from sleep to hibernate once the battery has discharged to a low state. So I ran the powercfg /energy report and saw the same warning message. Is it important? Is there anything one should do about it?

51 Posts

May 21st, 2014 20:00

My problem with the heavy battery drain in standby is resolved, seemingly unrelated to this question.

No Events found!