Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 16th, 2013 05:00

Dell Venue 8 Pro WiFi Issue

it seems either way I disable the Wi Fi by the 'switch' itself or 'Airplane' mode it is a pain to get it on and have to manually 'disable the entire WiFi and then enable it joggin the WiFi off and on til it seems to catch on I am trying to turn it back on. I am only trying to turn it off to save battery right now but is this normal? Will a fix be forth coming because i'ts a pain right now.

December 9th, 2014 00:00

When I try to connect with a wifi router it asks for password . When I enter the password it is showing "verifying and connecting" after few seconds it shows "connection is taking longer than usual" then it shows there is some problem . Then it shows limited connectivity .

ok. have any of these workarounds helped you out, even temporarily? such as restarting the tablet? that should work every time. if it doesn't, you're experiencing a different issue and need to take it in for service.

10 Posts

December 9th, 2014 01:00

I have done everything mentioned in this post. Yeah I think it is better if I show it in a service centre . Thank you..

10 Posts

December 10th, 2014 22:00

I just found the strangest thing. I came to college after vacation and to my surprise I could connect it my college's wifi! Then I tried to connect with my Lumia 720 hotspot. It was showing limited connectivity!!

2 Posts

November 19th, 2015 20:00

This doesn't work,  my venue is just over a year old.  Like 10 days,  wifi stopped working.  Any other suggestions?

November 29th, 2015 06:00

Dell doesn't really care about this issue. This thread is so old that It has spider webs. The only work-around seems to disable and then enable the driver and then reboot. There will be no fix, ] guess. 

It's sad that Dell itself doesn't directly address the issue, given how many loyal customers have a pending problem with this.

5 Posts

April 25th, 2016 19:00

what happens if your battery drains down empty and your computer does not go off to sleep?

5 Posts

April 25th, 2016 19:00

mine always  same thing limited instead of saying none, might as well be none. I havent done any drivers obtained or  updated. What is available. in fact i havent  okayed any updates with this tablet.  Wondering why not.

11 Posts

July 9th, 2016 07:00

"No wi-fi network found" suddenly appeared on my Venue 8.I had been using it, and suddenly it stopped seeing wifi networks.  I did the usual didgery-pokery without luck (reset, etc.), then saw your answer. I disabled the wireless network adapter inside Control Panel/Device Manager, and it reappeared. Thanks.

11 Posts

July 11th, 2016 17:00

Back again. The same problem reared its ugly head again. Windows won't let the Venue 8 connect. I tried disabling the network adapter, but it didn't work this time. I get a "This device cannot start. (Code 10)

(Operation failed.) The requested operation was unsuccessful."

This is getting ridiculous. I rolled back the driver, and hit reset by holding down the off button for a few seconds, then held it down again a few seconds to restart it. (It normally takes about 10 seconds to do a reset.)

22 Posts

July 11th, 2016 21:00

so far for me the best thing I have done with my dell is use a mini usb adapter via OTG (dell sells one that allows you to charge and have the slot) not the best solution but for times when I know I'm gonna use the internet more on that device. Light browsing I don't run into that issue it is more common when I put the wifi under a heavier load downloading high res video or files it likes to conk out. Usually restarting the device for me has worked to get the driver back. if you are wanting to have a stable connection then that would be the easiest solution as this problem hasn't been resolved and does not appear that it will be any time soon.

There is an un-used usb slot on the motherboard and enough space inside to fit another wifi adapter so that may be the solution if you don't mind doing some soldering and a little cutting down on the back plate to get the tablet back together again. There are quite a few tutorials around of people tapping into that if your curious.

August 2nd, 2016 11:00

After upgrading to Windows 10, tablet couldn't find my wifi network. I had to go into Windows settings and type in the net address info for the network. It's worked okay since then.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

May 3rd, 2017 02:00

It still happens for me too. I removed the updates but  the network adapter shuts down (including Bluetooth, Wifi).

1 Message

June 12th, 2017 03:00

I had no WiFi connection or options on my Dell Venue 11 Pro, but after reading your post and realising my tablet had been left in standby for a few days, I tried your fix.

I now have fixed my issue thanks to you! :)

No Events found!