Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 18th, 2013 07:00

Dell Venue 8 Pro - where's the mobile broadband?

So I waited for the venue 8 pro release day with excitement.  I'd heard conflicting reports that mobile broadband would be available, that it wouldn't be available, etc, but the spec sheets from dell said that it would.  Release day came, I went to the site, and... there's no mobile broadband option.

That was under the enterprise site.  I checked the home site, and it just says "Not Selected in this configuration".  Playing around with it, there are no configurations for which it is selectable.  Same with employee/student.

So what does it take to get the mobile broadband option?

1 Message

October 18th, 2013 21:00

I spoke to a dell representative and they said a mobile broadband version of the Venue 8 Pro will be released at a later unknown date. 

3 Posts

October 18th, 2013 22:00

Yeah, I agree. I was looking to purchase their top of the line unit with the case, the stylus, the 64GB of storage space and the WWAN functionality.

The rep I chatted with online had no idea when the WWAN option would be available.  Not that I expected them too.  But the specs clearly state the option exists and there's a separate WWAN card for US only, so I know it will be out at some point.  I just wish I knew when....

Disappointing for sure.

3 Posts

October 23rd, 2013 16:00

I'm curious about the detailed specs on the cellular radios too... if it doesn't fully support T-Mobile, then I may as well just pick up the WiFi version.

1 Message

October 30th, 2013 12:00

I spoke with two different reps. Both checked and said that the mobile broadband option will be released in the next two weeks.

1 Message

November 9th, 2013 21:00

Come on Dell!  With T-Mobile offering free 4G LTE nationwide, people are going to demand this feature.  The Venue 8 Pro has no full-sized USB port, so you can't attach a dongle without an adapter, which would be ridiculous.  Hurry up and take my money.

No Events found!