Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 3rd, 2015 00:00

Dell Venue 8 pro and Windows 10

Hi, I managed quite easily to update all my laptops desktops etc to windows 10 and I must say I am quite impressed with the new OS. Unfortunately I tried almost everything I could to upgrade my Dell venue 8 pro yet it kept failing. Dell say they have had it running the new windows 10.

Perhaps someone could advise where I might be going wrong.

I think it might be a memory problem; as I only have the 32gb model and 20 of this is taken up with windows 8. The only software I have on the tablet is a book reader, with about 6 books on it.

I only use this to surf the net, check emails and read so it is not full of software. I have a 32gb sd card to hold my books, which are measure in mb anyway.

It would be great to perform a clean install but this is not possible initially as windows 10 would not be activated.

Any advice would be welcome.

Thank you

5 Posts

October 4th, 2015 19:00

Have you got the problem solved? I had the same issue with u with my tablet. Whenever i hit the update button, the upgrade process stuck in half of the task and there is no way to full update. However, it works fine on my iPad after erasing all the content and settings.

15 Posts

October 5th, 2015 09:00

I follow your logic with Bios & Firmware which makes more sense to me than the Dell one reasoning! In any case, they are updates for 8.1 so if one has done them for that they should not be needed to be done again as both should be held within the electronics of the Dell, presumably giving the order you chose.

14 Posts

August 8th, 2018 17:00

After the upgrade, did anyone had a chance to try Miracast?

No Events found!