Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 20th, 2014 22:00

Dell Venue 8 pro won't start

Having problems with my Dell Venue 8 pro and restarting/turning on. It's less than a month old, not damaged or anything. About half of the time when I try to turn it on, the Dell logo will quickly flash then disappear and the tablet fails to turn on. Sometimes, I can hold the power button down for 10 seconds, release, then press again and it will come on. Other times, it works fine at the first attempt, or it doesn't work until trying several times. So frustrating. It's had all its updates, not a battery problem... Anyone know what's going on and how I can fix this??

November 21st, 2014 12:00

Hi Malorie,

What model do you have?  3000 series or 5000 series?

Regards,
Adriana

2 Posts

November 21st, 2014 16:00

1 Message

November 22nd, 2014 16:00

Having same issue, signed on last night must have hit a wrong number and it would not stop trying so I shut it down to stop it and have not been able to turn on since.

February 3rd, 2015 15:00

I got my Venue 8 Pro 3000 for Christmas....waited a while to set it up completely....all psyched to use it, and when I am prompted for my login information, it accepts it, and then IMMEDIATELY says 'locked' and shuts down.  How do I fix this???  It goes to a BLACK SCREEN.....

February 4th, 2015 08:00

I got my Venue 8 Pro 3000 for Christmas....waited a while to set it up completely....all psyched to use it, and when I am prompted for my login information, it accepts it, and then IMMEDIATELY says 'locked' and shuts down.  How do I fix this???  It goes to a BLACK SCREEN.....

Try doing a forced shutdown (press and hold the power button for 10 seconds) and then try to power back on (press and hold for 5 secs).  Will it turn on?  Is your AC plugged in? If not, try again with it plugged in.  If it is plugged in, unplug and replug in and try again.

Once you get it powered on, please go to support.dell.com and download the latest A02 BIOS and A03 chipset driver. 

If the above does not work, please let me know the following:

1) Do you see an LED when you plug in?

2) If so, what color is it (amber/white)?

3) Will it power on if you leave it plugged in for 15-30 mins? 

February 4th, 2015 15:00

I tried the forced shutdown and power up three times....it locks and goes blank.  I WAS seeing a white LED when I plugged in but now am seeing nothing.  I'm waiting for the 30 minutes to pass as the 15 didn't do any good either.....

February 5th, 2015 09:00

MLDYREDHEAD - Could you send me with your Service tag number thru private message?

1 Message

August 2nd, 2015 10:00

I have the same problem with my Dell venue 8pro

Please HELPPPP

August 6th, 2015 13:00

I have the same problem with my Dell venue 8pro

Please HELPPPP

Please follow these steps and let me know if you still have an issue:

1) Plug in AC for at least 30 mins.  (if you already had your unit plugged in, unplug it then plug in for the 30 mins)

2) Press and hold power button for at least 10 sec, then release (this is a forced shutdown)

3) Press and hold power button for 3 sec to initiate the power on sequence (you should see a sign of life ~2 sec after you release the button)

It is important to leave the AC plugged in for all 3 steps.  If your system still does not power on, see if your LED is on and what color it is.

30 Posts

August 6th, 2015 23:00

Having same issue, signed on last night must have hit a wrong number and it would not stop trying

1 Message

January 20th, 2016 17:00

I have the same problem with my Dell Venue 8 pro 3000. It will not go to any other screen. Just the black screen with the Dell logo, then it goes blank.. The tablet is only a month old. No abuse ever. I don't understand what is up. Please help Dell tech!

No Events found!