Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 18th, 2014 13:00

Dell Venue 8 screen goes black for no reason

I have a Dell Venue 8 and recently upgraded the OS. After the upgrade my screen goes black for no apparent reason, not related to the "sleep" settings, and it does not respond to touch. I have to click on the power button a few times before it goes back to the password screen.

Has anyone seen this issue before? Please help.

Thanks,

Renato

22 Posts

January 6th, 2015 16:00

The only solution I found was to buy a Sony tablet and toss this Dell into the back of a drawer!

Someone at Dell must want this problem to disappear, so they marked it as solved.  No one has a genuine fix for this so far.

3 Posts

July 13th, 2015 09:00

Same here, sometimes i feel like smashing it. Dell doesnt do anything to resolve it. And also most of the time the touchscreen is not responding. Hateful

2 Posts

July 1st, 2014 03:00

I'm getting this as well and it's unpredictable and frustrating.  No one else?

July 1st, 2014 12:00

Did it to me too, first time today after upgrading the O/S last week.

2 Posts

July 1st, 2014 20:00

I'm having the same problem after upgrading a venue 7 to 4.4.2.  Plus some other quirky touch touch screen problems.  This was a great tablet but not any more.   Very annoying! 

22 Posts

July 1st, 2014 21:00

I get that as well.  It will happen repeatedly.  Then I reboot and it will be fine for days before it happens again.

July 4th, 2014 12:00

likewise here updated to latest OS then while watching vids or browser suddenly display turns black nd i have to press my power button and directed me to password display have to repeat evrytime and its annoying. before got no problem. please how to fix this issue. thanks a lot dell community.

19 Posts

July 9th, 2014 08:00

I have the same problem and so far no solution.

July 15th, 2014 16:00

Same here. Dell, please resolve ASAP

July 15th, 2014 23:00

please dell kindly fix this annoying problem with your tab going to black screen evrynow and then. have to press power button to go back again. please fix ASAP.

July 23rd, 2014 09:00

I received a minor update over the weekend, not sure if addresses this issue or not, but I haven't seen the black screen since. How unprofessional of Dell to not respond in some way to all these people having the same issue.

July 23rd, 2014 09:00

still have the same issue even with the update of firmware. how come dell still dont have a reply about this to ease our delimma. please dell kindly answer our questions :-(

July 23rd, 2014 14:00

Update: It just went black on me again same as before after the small weekend update so obviously no fix. Very frustrating.

1 Message

July 26th, 2014 19:00

Same black screen problem. Will there be a fix?

July 31st, 2014 19:00

Now in addition to the screen going black my device just froze up for the first time. I was using Google Voice dictation to write a Gmail message and it completely froze. I had to hold the power button down to force a reboot. Not good. 

No Events found!