Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 26th, 2014 15:00

Dell Venue Pro 11 5130 McAfee uninstall

Ok, the stupid trial ended so I fire up the Windows uninstall in control panel and it says in progress with the status bar over about 1/2 way, it's been that way for 20 minutes. How long should a McAfee uninstall take on a Pro 11 5130? Anyone have any ideas?

11 Posts

February 26th, 2014 16:00

Just to not waste anyone's time on this, I did end up doing a shutdown restart of the tablet. It did restart ok so I tried to uninstall thru windows again and it did the same thing, just hang. I ended up using the McAfee Customer Product Removal tool and that seems to have removed it. To my surprise, Microsoft defender was there when I went to install it (FOR FREE) and was turned on. I'm not sure if that means I was running two protection products or if when McAfee was uninstalled the other turned on (hard to believe) but anyway I'm back in action. Anyway, moral of this story, get rid of McAfee long before it times out! Thanks Dell for installing this in the first place, buy installing bloat ware you really are helping people out, NOT! DO NOT BUY BLOAT WARE and maybe companies will stop installing it, please!
No Events found!