Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 7th, 2014 18:00

Dell Venus 8 Pro 32gb

Was about to order one. But I read nothing about printing. I have an HP printer. Can they play together and, if so, what cables do I need?

915 Posts

July 7th, 2014 19:00

Essentially, it's like with any Windows PC: can print wirelessly if your printer supports that, or via USB, once you have a USB OTG (on-the-go) cable. The USB OTG cable is the cable you need for attaching wired peripherals to the DV8P (and, in my estimation as a result, should be included with the tablet purchase).

Micro USB OTG adapter? USB goes from printer to adapter to tablet? Male/female/gay?

Thank you. I figured that but no one selling it describes a printing capability. Be smart to mention and link to the cable for free advertising.

915 Posts

July 7th, 2014 22:00

Not really talked about because there's not much to say--the DV8P is a Windows 8 computer that just happens to be in a tablet form. If your laptop can do something, the DV8P likely can as well. USB OTG cables are all over the place. If you search on the term at Amazon.com, you can see a bunch of permutations. Dell also offers one, in the most prevalent form: http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=A7223619. It's generally a pretty generic cable adapter.

915 Posts

July 8th, 2014 17:00

Great! And the first should one you posted should have been fine as well--this is a generic sort of part. Regardless, you're all set! :emotion-1:

July 8th, 2014 17:00

Oops not compatible but this is http://www.amazon.com/IVSO%C2%AEMicro-USB-Host-OTG-Cable/dp/B00GZNQ0R8/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1404863035&sr=8-4&keywords=USB+Micro-B+to+USB+Device+OTG+Adapter+Cable+for+Dell I'll have it on Thursday. Thank you all!

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

July 18th, 2014 19:00

(SickSquirrel here. Can't find the login and sent for pass and this nick came up. My original signup nick which I thought was dead is resurrected. Prefer it dead). I bought IVSO®Micro USB Host OTG Cable - Micro USB B/Male to USB2.0 A/Female OTG Host Cable For Dell Venue 7, Venue 8, Venue 8 Pro (Black) (For Dell Venue 7/ 8/ 8 pro, Black). NOT compatible as the ends are two different shapes. Please recommend another at Amazon which will fit. OTG _______ (.______ ) Dell opening. _______ |______| Edit: spacing prints badly but looks fine as I type. OTG gas rounded ends; Venue has square

915 Posts

July 18th, 2014 21:00

Please refer to my response to your other thread inquiry (no need to double-post . . .).

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

July 19th, 2014 17:00

Sorry. Explanation in other thread

No Events found!