Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

L

April 18th, 2015 22:00

Dell latitude 10 ST2e wont Boot

My Latitude 10 St2E wont boot. All I get is the power light and the camera light flashing. It will charge. Are there any suggestions as to what is the problem

1.2K Posts

April 24th, 2015 09:00

Hi,

To resolve this issue would request you to try these troubleshooting steps,

1)Remove the battery from the system ,disconnect the charger and perform a power drain on the system by keeping the power button pressed for 15-20 secs then connect the charger back and turn on the system .

2)When you turn on the system confirm if you hear any beeps from the systems.

3)Also advise if any hardware and software changes made to the tablet .

I hope this helps!If there are any more queries do reply to this post with the service tag of the system sent via private message we will be glad to resolve them for you .

Kindest Regards,

1.2K Posts

April 24th, 2015 09:00

Hi,

To resolve this issue would request you to try these troubleshooting steps,

1)Remove the battery from the system ,disconnect the charger and perform a power drain on the system by keeping the power button pressed for 15-20 secs then connect the charger back and turn on the system .

2)When you turn on the system confirm if you hear any beeps from the systems.

3)Also advise if any hardware and software changes made to the tablet .

I hope this helps!If there are any more queries do reply to this post with the service tag of the system sent via private message we will be glad to resolve them for you .

Kindest Regards,

May 1st, 2015 11:00

Thank you for the reply. Your suggestions did not work. It did the same thing. it flashed back and forth from the power light to the camera alight even with no battery and it plugged in.  When this accrued it was an update from windows it did a restart and never restarted and gave me this issue.

1.2K Posts

May 4th, 2015 09:00

Hi ,

Thank you for your reply!

You have mentioned about power light flashing .Below is the table which indicates the faulty component based on the no of times the power light flashes.

Do reply as to how many times do you see the power light flashing .

Kindest Regards,

May 4th, 2015 16:00

it continues to flash back and forth with the camera light until I hold the power button down

1.2K Posts

May 5th, 2015 11:00

Hi ,

A count as to how many times the power button flashes would be of much help.Also kindly provide the service tag of the system so that I can check the details of the system .

Kindest Regards,

May 9th, 2015 22:00

Service tag is <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy>

The count on lights flashing is continuous until I hold the power button down. I lost count after 75.

4 Posts

June 22nd, 2015 14:00

Hello Jennifer, My name is Bruce. I have a latitude 10 essentials. A few weeks ago when I turned the tablet on the power would flash off and then on by pressing the on off button it went on this happened about 3 or 3 times THEN no power at all so, I got a new battery from dell ( 2 cell ) it powered up and I was able to use. Then I put on the charger. After 2 hours of charging the light went off. All should be good right? NO same problem would not turn on so I got a new charger from dell. The tablet would not turn on but the charger light was lit so I let it charge for about 2 hours the light went off unplugged the charger. Again would not  and still will not turn on. I did the battery pull held the power button for 30 seconds still nothing. Took a guy that works on computers and he has no idea.

PLEASE HELP

I like using this tablet but, as for right now it is just a paper weight.

4 Posts

June 23rd, 2015 08:00

So , where do I find the answer?

There is no power light. Light will not go on.

Waiting for an answer

Jennifer Please HELP

8 Posts

June 23rd, 2015 09:00

I have this exact same problem. I posted another message about it because I didn't see this one.

After Windows Update which included Windows 8.1, the system won't turn on. I press the power button and the power light and camera light flash once per second, until I release the button. Note: The flashes only occur when the unit is NOT plugged in. When it is plugged in, nothing happens when I press power. I have tried battery removal as per the other posts in this thread.  

Any assistance to get my system back up and running would be appreciated. Thanks!

4 Posts

June 24th, 2015 08:00

No power light

1.2K Posts

June 25th, 2015 11:00

Hi @xmove, 

Good day ! Apologies for the inconvenience caused .Based on the troubleshooting performed by you I suspect system board failure since with a new charger and battery system fails to power on .

Kindly forward the service tag of the system ,along with system owners contact details so that I can verify the credentials only after which I can arrange for service call.

Awaiting your response .

Kindest Regards,

Jennifer 

#Iwork4Dell

1.2K Posts

June 25th, 2015 11:00

Hi Martin ,

I would request you to provide the status of the system after confirming these details ,

*Is this issue seen with battery or charger  or with both .

*After the charger is connected to the system does the light on the charger go off.

*Have you had the chance to test a different battery or charger on this system .

Hoping to hear from you soon .

Kindest Regards,

8 Posts

June 25th, 2015 20:00

Hi Jennifer,

THank you for your reply.

The system does not turn on with or without the battery. The flashing light, however, only happens when I press and hold down the power button WITHOUT the power cord connected.  If the power cord is connected and I press and hold the power button, nothing happens. 

There is no light on my charger. There is a photo of the charger here:

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b234/martin_nv/powersupply.jpg

I have not had a chance to test with a different battery or charger, as I only have one of each.

Thank you,

Martin

8 Posts

June 26th, 2015 09:00

I should also add that I don't think it's the charger that's the problem, since just before I did the Windows updates (which updated the system to 8.1), it was functioning with a full battery.

No Events found!