Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

September 30th, 2011 18:00

Dell streak7 official Honeycomb update received

Yes Dell official  Honeycomb 3.2 update received this afternoon on my device.  Download and installation took a while though on my slow wifi network. Looking so far great and I am excited for this update. I did not like the default wallpaper though and changed.

November 22nd, 2011 10:00

Step #1- Actually read the thread you posted in.

Step #2 - Follow the instructions that apply to you in this thread.

Step #3 - Make sure you start at step #1.

November 22nd, 2011 10:00

ok

November 22nd, 2011 11:00

Can somebody help me, i own a dell streak 7 only wifi, but i did not receive de update yet, my device have not been rooted, even i reset it but nothing happens

3 Posts

November 22nd, 2011 11:00

Thanks for testing. I'm glad It's a honeycomb issue and not specific to me. I hope that Dell is watching and/or looking at this forum.  If so, they might fix the issue, but I'm not hopeful.

I haves used your suggestion with success. Just setup dock to prompt you for audio out then just ignore it.

Thx, Nick

November 22nd, 2011 14:00

Nick (and anyone else with a dock and honeycomb!) -

I spent about an hour on the phone with support and was able to have the issue noted and addressed as a SOFTWARE issue.

The Dock or DS7 does NOT need be replaced (they don't need to!)- which is good because they didn't pass it off as a hardware issue.  

I urge you to call mobility support at 1-800-308-3355 and be sure to inform them you've tried this on other docks with other DS7's and the same issue.

Also, I noticed that SOME sound DOES work when docked AND you hit cancel- it still plays notification sounds!

November 26th, 2011 08:00

Okay  it might take  two or three tries,but you can get it to "ignore" it is plugged into the dock.

1 Message

November 30th, 2011 19:00

friendly of the forum good morning… for fifteen day have been buying in shangay Chinese. one tablet dell streak 10 pro. of eleven inches and system android 3,2. of the double centre. it uses until this morning and pitifully no longer quizo to ignite to me and not that to do. it lets it load all night and even so not prendio. any aid. thanks

2 Posts

December 1st, 2011 08:00

Hi All,

I just bought a Dell Streak from a company United Way auction. There seems to be one section of the screen that does not respond to touch. I am hoping to fix it by recalibrating the screen but with the 3.2 upgrade I do not see this option. Anyone able o tell me how to do this?

Thanks

December 2nd, 2011 12:00

This thread's about the S7 - can't get there from here, as far as I know...if you're talking about an S5 calibration- google calibrate dell streak 5:

http://www.google.com/search?q=calibrate+dell+streak+5

December 2nd, 2011 12:00

@docmache check at xda forums, I think TheManii has one that he's done some things with over there...

check here too-- http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki/Dell_Streak_10

December 9th, 2011 11:00

Hi 

once i have updated my dell streak 7 to android 3.2 . i  have observed that screen is flicker . it was ok with 2.2 . Any solution for that

Regards

Vijay

since i brought this product in US and now i am india so i can not complain about that . since it was ok with 2.2 . so somthing with 3.2 upgrade

could be relative to your device-  but could also be related to any apps that may not exactly be compatible with the update...  you might try doing a factory reset, since you've updated...it'll wipe your info clean, but worth a try...

I have a shiny nickle that says if your still under warranty, call support and complain enough and they'll just send you an exchange for the device ir have you send it out for repair.... if it was me, I'd try the resetting first.

6 Posts

December 24th, 2011 02:00

Hi.

Do you know where I can download a manual for the DS7 with Homeycomb 3.2.  I have a manual for 2.2 but ver 3.2 is very diferent.

Thankis,

JGCK821

January 4th, 2012 09:00

Hi ,

You can view or download the DS7 with HC 3.2 Manual (Except for T-Mobile) from this Dell link :

support.dell.com/.../index.htm

Thanks,

Pankaj Chaudhari

No Events found!