Lazerman-2
Not applicable

RE: Dock external video troubleshooting and single thread

Jump to solution

Brian,

Thanks for keeping us all up to date. I thought I had our CEOs issue resolved by using a USB to DVI adapter for his second monitor but yesterday it happened again, monitor was in power saver mode and wouldn't come back. Power cycled the dock and it came back up. The third monitor is on a HDMI to DVI adapter and has never failed. PLEASE provide a download link when available.

Monitor 1 = Tablet - OK

Monitor 2 = USB to DVI Adapter - Fails

Monitor 3 = HDMI to DVI Adapter - OK

Thank you,

Note: Posted this under wrong account. I should have been logged in as Crusher-2

0 Kudos
Highlighted
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

Hi Brian, will this driver be available for the Venue 11 (5130)?

0 Kudos
Jeff.Williams
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Can we get an update on this? I haver heard that this maybe available today or tommorrow. Can you confirm this?

0 Kudos
RogerT7
Not applicable

Jump to solution

7.1) I have Tried all the steps and my dock is A01

7.2) Monitors; Dell: E2210H and Samsung: S24A300B

TV; Toshiba Regza Software:XV645U

7.3) Monitors: DP to HDMI; Monitor HDMI

7.4) Cable Matters Gold Plated Active DisplayPort to HDMI (Mentioned on the post)

7.5) When the dock is connected to the monitors, the monitors enter sleep mode. For the TV, the tablet recognizes the TV but nothing is projected.

0 Kudos
chuckbinder
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Can we truly get an accurate update on the driver???

Sometime back you mentioned it should be available at the end of June.  Now we are into August and your last update said it would be available within the next day.  More than a few days later still no driver posted.

I am past my point of patience with Dell.  Please god can we get an accurate expectation of when a driver that works will be posted?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

The driver update is in process and should mirror to support.dell very soon.   I had originally expected it to be there last Friday, but something seems to have delayed it.   I'm checking with the team to see if this can get posted tomorrow.

0 Kudos
neumjan
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi Brian,

thank you for keeping us up to date.

But do you realy think the driver will come out this year? emoticon.TongueTied.title Tomorrow was yesterday, still no driver released under support.dell.com

Greets

Daniel

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
Crusher-2
Not applicable

Jump to solution

So far so good. I installed the update, removed the USB to DVI adapter, plugged in the 2nd monitor using the DP port & cable, set the screen timeout to 1 minute and tested about 10 times - ok. I also tested it with the screen locked - ok. One strange thing I noticed is that the DP monitor while in sleep mode flickers on and off from time to time.

Time will tell...

0 Kudos
Jeff.Williams
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I have installed this new driver and it did not make a lot of difference for me. We are using a DP to DVI cable and I noticed listed in the Fixes section on the new driver it only lists DP to DP. Should I need an Active DP to DVI cable for this to work?

0 Kudos