Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 26th, 2012 08:00

Google Play Store failed to install on Streak7, can't update anything, how do I manually install Store?

When Google updated the Market and replaced it with Play Store, it failed to work for some reason. My Apps is missing, and updates fail, apparently "because of an error" (not all that helpful)

Market is also still listed as an App. I can run it, but when you select any action it tries to run it with the Play Store which fails.

What I suppose I need is to reinstall the Google Play app itself. But where do I get it from?

1 Message

October 5th, 2013 09:00

Seems bit confusing.

Anyway if nothing works try to install custom ROM or try to get New Software update from the OEM or from third part but try it at your own risk>

Regards from Techswatch

January 8th, 2013 11:00

I found this useful on the internet ..may be helpful to you- 
http://android-market-apk.en.softonic.com/android

Regards

Hardik Mangla

Chief Editor of TechiePlaza 

4 Posts

January 10th, 2013 02:00

Thanks Hardik. I tried it and this apk seemed to install OK but the result's the same; updates are handled by the old Market software interface, and when you tap "update" it returns "download failed" And no, the disk isn't full! :)

Any other ideas?

4 Posts

January 10th, 2013 03:00

Who's that then? Dell refused to help me, and I can't log any sort of a ticket with Google, I just get routed back to a FAQ on how to use the Store that doesn't work...!

January 10th, 2013 03:00

You can show the device to the experts ..

8 Posts

July 25th, 2013 19:00

Or you can update to Android 4.2.2

4 Posts

July 26th, 2013 03:00

>>Posted by giveen replied on 07-25-2013 7:21 PM

Or you can update to Android 4.2.2<<

Sensible suggestion on the face of it... However, how would you suggest that I install an upgrade to the OS without the Play Store in a functional state? Where do I get hold of Android 4 to install?

10 Posts

October 5th, 2013 01:00

if your phone is out of warranty try installing a custom firmware but at your own risk or try reinstalling the factory settings

10 Posts

October 12th, 2013 23:00

Press vol down and power keys together to go to recovery mode then you can restore the updates and revert to factory conditions at ur own risk

88 Posts

November 22nd, 2013 07:00

I had a similar problem with the google store on my old tablet.  A few suggestions.  Go to your settings and tell the store app to return to factory default.  If that didn't fix it then go to anything in your settings that says google as the first word, such as play store and services; and I think there are maybe one or two more on android 4.0.  For each app click on it and hit clear data.  Restart the device.  That fixed my problem.  If I logged onto playstore from the desktop I found that google store was not seeing my device and identifying it at all...I think that was the issue after I went through the above it could finally see the device and identify it.  A few other suggestions I had found was to create another google account and switch to that then back to your own.  I don't think anyone really knows why this happens and it's happening to others but not a really common issue that you hear a lot about.

1 Message

April 20th, 2014 03:00

Howdy, I hope you fixed the problem and if not, refer to this topic here: http://androidtipguys.com/forum/play-store-unusable-dell-streak-7-a-1329.html I hope it helps you.

Kind regards, Josh from Tectivoo.

1 Message

July 27th, 2014 12:00

Yes you are absolutely correct in this context, I have tried this.

Regards from Koreresponse.com

1 Message

December 2nd, 2014 21:00

No Events found!